Picture Contest for newbies

alyssia

Originally Posted by fedukeford
i was looking at the winning person's pic, i couldnt find the blenny to save my life, i litterly had to look at it 5 times carfully to see the blenny, how did u notice that?

lol the blenny was the first thing I noticed!

alyssia

I also want to congratulate Danny and Toni. Like dogstar, I also noticed how healthy the coral and fish look. Very natural looking pic with great coloring!
Congrats again,
Kellee

cunningham

WOW! Thank you everyone for all the kind words. We just used our little digital camera and took a picture, and it just worked out I guess. Our tank is only 8 months old but it is awesome. It isn't just living, it's thriving. It's a 95 gal. bow front reef system. We get help from our service guys at Fishmax.com, but we tend to it every day with lots of love. We have another tank ordered; should be installed within the next couple weeks. It's a 135 gallon fish only tank. We have the reef thing down, now I want my trigger tank. Again, thanks for all the kind words.

saltn00b

congrats to the winner and everyone that entered , you all did a great job . very cool of hot to offer up a frag for the sake of furthering everyone in this hobby and coming up with this thread contest.
two questions for cunningham - is that leather in the winning pic a Yellow Fiji Leather ? if so under what lighting? its a beautiful specimen regardless.
also in that last pic, that giant mushroom is really cool, i am wondering how much you paid for it because my LFS gets them from time to time and sell them for 45-50 bucks.

swlover

Hey congrats to you! Wow I'm honored that I was picked as runner up! Thanks to all the judges I know it was hard. This site rocks! :cheer: I didn't see him either...but I double checked and there he was sooooo cute! Gotta love those blennys such personality!

alyssia

Originally Posted by swlover
Hey congrats to you! Wow I'm honored that I was picked as runner up! Thanks to all the judges I know it was hard. This site rocks! :cheer: I didn't see him either...but I double checked and there he was sooooo cute! Gotta love those blennys such personality!

I just want to say that your pic was awesome as well! I loved the colors in it, and the clarity.

krazekajin

I have been off line for over a week and finally was able to get back on.
I was shocked and honored to have been considered a runner up. I was amazed at the all of the submissions. SW Aquariums are so beautiful.
Way to go to all who submitted and to Cunningham, incredible pictures.

huntoaks

Thank you very much for having this contest!! We were very excited to be in it. Our favorite picture was from debdeb. It was awesome!! This is such a great hobby and this contest really showed how beautiful our tanks really are.
Teddy

cunningham

Originally Posted by saltn00b
congrats to the winner and everyone that entered , you all did a great job . very cool of hot to offer up a frag for the sake of furthering everyone in this hobby and coming up with this thread contest.
two questions for cunningham - is that leather in the winning pic a Yellow Fiji Leather ? if so under what lighting? its a beautiful specimen regardless.
also in that last pic, that giant mushroom is really cool, i am wondering how much you paid for it because my LFS gets them from time to time and sell them for 45-50 bucks.
thank you again,well its a yellow leather, but im not sure if it from Fiji,as for my lighting we have hamilton power compacts @ 36'' long ,one 96 watt 10k and one 96w blue bulb and for the mushroom he was around 25 dollars. but he was smaller, he grew very fast

swlover

Originally Posted by alyssia
I just want to say that your pic was awesome as well! I loved the colors in it, and the clarity.
Awe thanks, I appreciate that.

cunningham

My prize has arrived :cheer: I opened the box and got the frag out. to be honest with you i did not think it was still alive :notsure: but I put it in my tank it almost immediately it began to bloom
i will post a pic soon Thank You again, that was fun and cool
Danny

debdeb

Thanks so much to the judges for picking my picture as a runner up. I was so surprised because there were so many great pix. This hobby is so much fun. In fact, we just bought a new toadstool leather and a small frogspawn tonight. They are acclimating as I write this. I can't wait to get them settled in and show them off.

efishnsea

Yea thanks as well for the honorable mention. That must have been really tough to choose from so many great shots. Barry and the judges, thank you that was fun
efish :happyfish nsea

peter ray

Here's a picture of "Peter Ray!" He always comes right up to the glass for his picture. Seems like he's actually talking with that mouth of his! He keeps us entertained!

aelene

Barry, awesome idea to do this for people... wish I would have come back to the site a little sooner! Kudos :cheer:

aceheart

nice frag choice i think, too bad i can't do these contests and even if i did i know i wouldnt win lol.
maybe next time do a contest of nano tanks for any member that has them, or a coral shot or fish for all members

congrats to the winner
:cheer: