Pictures of my tank... Please critique!!

sillynecco

RBTA? What does that mean?
I hear i am overstocked.... What would be a good capacity?
I also change at least 10 gallons a week to help with the water quality.
I value all your opinions, even if i dont agree. so let me have it if i deserve it!

olga

Originally Posted by seannmelly
hey the guy asked for comments on his rock right? i did,the only thing i said was i didnt like the rockwork then i said its not my tank so what does my opinion matter, the tank looks good i just dont like the rockwork, no biggy. if i asked for comments on my tank which people do and they said they dont like certain things then ok im not going to cry about it or post something like you did. i just dont like it cause i really dont like tonga. i also said that the trigger was huge and its a nice tank. so get over it!
I no need to "get over it". Its only a fish tank, lol.
I just merely pointed, if you don't like rock work (which I personally think is excellent and in agreement with majority of people here) it will be nice to hear: why in your opinion is not? Thats all.
Whats does it mean: i just dont like it cause i really dont like tonga.. Sorry, I am foreigner, and English not my first language.

crox

Originally Posted by sillynecco
RBTA? What does that mean?
I hear i am overstocked.... What would be a good capacity?
I also change at least 10 gallons a week to help with the water quality.
I value all your opinions, even if i dont agree. so let me have it if i deserve it!

RBTA is for red bubble tip anemone.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Olga
I no need to "get over it". Its only a fish tank, lol.
I just merely pointed, if you don't like rock work (which I personally think is excellent and in agreement with majority of people here) it will be nice to hear: why in your opinion is not? Thats all.
Whats does it mean: i just dont like it cause i really dont like tonga.. Sorry, I am foreigner, and English not my first language.

tonga is a type of rock and i seen some tonga mixed in there.i just dont like the way tonga looks, thats my opinion. for the owner of the tank why dont you try making some more like shelves with the rock other than like 1 wall against the back of the tank? just a opinion since you are asking. nice tank though keep up the work.

sillynecco

Originally Posted by seannmelly
tonga is a type of rock and i seen some tonga mixed in there.i just dont like the way tonga looks, thats my opinion. for the owner of the tank why dont you try making some more like shelves with the rock other than like 1 wall against the back of the tank? just a opinion since you are asking. nice tank though keep up the work.
do you have any pics? examples? alsways lookin to improve the aestetics of my tank

dexter

Silly,
By no means am I an expert, however, the fish stock you have with the triggers, I believe need more space to grow and swim then a 75 gallon can provide. This observation come solely from reading all the posts here for the last 12 months.

In the end, it is your tank and everyone on here does what they wish. If I am mistaken, someone will surely chime in and correct me.

Other than that, keeping excellent water quality, skimming, etc will go a long way, however, IMO, the triggers simply need more room than a 75. :happyfish
The tank looks good. Good luck!

Dxtr

sillynecco

That brings me up to my next point....
How big of a tank should the triggers have?
Sub question about triggers....
Im trying to put a clean-up crew in there, but the triggers like to rip thier heads off.
Any suggestions on what i can put in there that the tiggers wont eat?
I might be looking to get rid of those trggers, but they really bring the tank together....

spectre879

Has there been conflict. I see a nick missing from one of the percs tailfins. My perc just got over with a fight with a wrasse we had. I returned the wrasse to a LFS and recovered the clown, he is doing great.

dexter

sillynecco:
That brings me up to my next point....
How big of a tank should the triggers have?
Sub question about triggers....
Im trying to put a clean-up crew in there, but the triggers like to rip thier heads off.
Any suggestions on what i can put in there that the tiggers wont eat?
I might be looking to get rid of those trggers, but they really bring the tank together....

I thought triggers needed to be in tank of 125 gasllons or more so they could have 6+ feet of swimming room.
SWF.com experts?? is that accurate?
Dxtr

titan

I like the rockwork myself, sometimes it may not look the best, but if the fish enjoy it moreso then thats what matters. I assume you haven't had the big Hummu too long? If you have I'd try to feed him a little more his stomach looks a little sunk in, and a tad emaciated. Just constuctive advice not intended to P you off.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by sillynecco
do you have any pics? examples? alsways lookin to improve the aestetics of my tank

yes i do i have many pics on this site, jst find them in the fish photography. feel free to comment what you like, good or bad i like all comments. im just like you i like my tank how i like it yo like it how you like it. so feel free to comment what you like

aquageek

If you have the money get the Metal Halides.........even if you don't really need them now you probably will want them in the future.

promisetbg

Since you asked..with the fish that you have, particularly the porcupine which can easily grow to almost 3'..I would recommend a tank in the 200 gal. range. Maybe a 180 or a 225. One of the reasons your rock is brown is detritus is on it. The use of a turkey baster, then a good size water change with RO/DI water after will help. Continue to use the turkey baster..and perhaps consider increasing the flow. How is this tank set up? What size skimmer and what type? An anemone needs strong lighting, so I would suggest a MH and VHO combination. I like the aquascaping..it would look much better in a bigger tank.