Pictures of Sumps

vanquish

I'm looking for some good pictures of working sumps. Specifically, I want to see the input and return systems they utilize. Any one have any good pics of their sumps or know of any good pics of working sumps? Explanations and walkthroughs would be great as well! Thanks.

coachklm

great idea... plain pictures of your sumps/refugiums ...not drawn pictures... actual pics plz if you could stick in the size tank its running for thx ...

pfitz44

Heres my setup on a 20L:
Its a 10 Gal Fuge, but on the same level as the main tank:

Water goes into the fuge threw the PVC pipe on the left, and returns threw the vinal tube on the right

right now there is some LR as well as about a 4" Sand Bed

Light is a Lowes $5 Shop lite with a CF 23 watt daylight lightbulb

nytrillium

Holy pile of rock !!!!! :scared: lol I hope thats not your DT and your just cycling in there. Where do the fishies go?

dexter

Filter bag. I have 3 "socks" or mesh bags with carbon, phosphorus absorber, and filter floss.
I've been putting the loose floss in the mesh bags due to an incident a few weeks ago. Some floss broke loose and got stuck in my pump. not good! :mad:
Dxtr

pfitz44

Originally Posted by NYTrillium
Holy pile of rock !!!!! :scared: lol I hope thats not your DT and your just cycling in there. Where do the fishies go?
They hide in the rock... its actually a mantis tank....
okok... i was kidding... yea its cycling.... gotta do some rock splitting tommorrow i think. If not tommorrow, i def want to do it this weekend.

vanquish

Wow this thread is going excellent! Please people, keep posting pictures and explanations of your sumps! I know its a huge help to me and a lot of other people who are trying to figure it out.

coachklm

hows that 30g set up?? im doing a 29 thats pre drilled so i'd love to kno how your baffles are.....is the fuge on the right? out take to tank in the middle and left is the from tank with skimmer and heater ?

azocean709

this is a 30 gal, sump fuge. water comes in on left and goes throught the baffles, then into the center, which is going to be the fuge, then trough the baffles and out on the right....just hooked it up not too long ago...LR and LS are cycling.

weberian

PFitz44, I go to Fintastic in Plainville, MA, or Rumford Pets in East Prov., RI. Fintastic is open Thurs thru Sun.