Piece of JUNK power strip!

whitey_028

woohooo thank you to the person who made this thread because i was about to buy one... Thank you for saving me the 40 bucks!

travis89

I also have the dual and I had it for about 2 months before it stopped working. I will replace it with a digital soon hopefully.

fishy7

I bought this same one and do not trust it.
You will have better luck turning the lights on and off yourself.

Interesting some have good experience and others well .......... Sounds like they need a new Quality Control Manager.

threed240

I have had mine for about 8 months. Works great! Just don't leve it laying on its back. Salt creep could make its way down the wires and into the unit. If you put a drip loop in your wires that are plugged in it will be fine.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by Threed240
I have had mine for about 8 months. Works great! Just don't leve it laying on its back. Salt creep could make its way down the wires and into the unit. If you put a drip loop in your wires that are plugged in it will be fine.
Mine was not laying on its back,it is mounted inside the lower cabinet/stand with a drip loop.This powerstrip is made specifically for saltwater tanks,thats why there are different plugs for MH light.actinic,etc. Apparently R+D for the company failed to realize that there could be some "salt air" in the vicinity of there product. Regardless of the situation it should have lasted more that 2 weeks.Unfortunatly we live in a diposable society,throw it out get a new one. I am still looking for my reciept
you would think Id learn by now,save all reciepts..........but if I save them,I gotta find them..
always a catch

threed240

I know what you mean. Mine is about 2 feet froom my sump, and im sure there is some salt in the air. I hope its not enough to affect it, but I keep an eye on it. All I can say is thank God for homeowners Insurance.