Pinnatus Batfish

mauler

Has anyone kept one? What can anyone tell me about this fish. Also do they keep that full black with reddish outline through adulthood?

Last edited:

bang guy

They turn more grey & silver.

I agree they should only be housed in very large tanks. Not a good choice for captivity in my opinion.

mauler

My lfs has one it looks amazing I wish they would keep there color but I guess I'll pass on him.

tonysi

Out of all the baitfish available to us hobbyists the pinnatus looks the best in its adult form, yet it has the worst survivability rate.

mauler

It looks pretty good as an adult but if wish it would keep it's juvenile color and also not get so big

tonysi

And also to be hardier would be nice as well. I had a 6 inch tall pinnatus in my 450g and he lived for only 7 months, he ate everything I fed and one day my wife called me at work and told me he died. He had no illness or anything distinguishable about him. I will never buy another one. They are one of those fish best left for aquariums or left in the sea.

tonysi

Na never did. The most aggressive fish I had in the tank with him at the time was a juvenile domino damsel.

[/URL]