Pipefish?

b0bby1

tank is bout 5 months old, but everything is goin great. never had one problem, tank cycled fairly quickly wen i started. theres not many copepods though cus my sixline eats all of them. but its a reef. y do u ask?

nygel

Originally Posted by fishieness
ive always loved dragonface pipefish
Is that what this is? this site has it listed as reef pipefish, but on wiki its a dragon face.

nygel

he nibbles, but i dont really know how much to expect him to eat, gonna try soem new stuff besides mysis soon.

fishieness

mysis and bloodworms are probably your best bet. i hope you have a lot of pods to keep him healthy until/if he weens on frozen.
also, frozen brine may work, youll just have to fortify the heck out of it with vitamines. or you can hatch your own.
good luck!

biggourami

i have a dragonfce in my 10 gall the tank is about a year old it has about 15 pound of LR from my oldest tank (2 years) and sand from it as well.. the filter is a AC 30 that has been DIY'd and is now a fuge with a DSB and some chaetomorph.. he get's no supplimental feeding, the occasional cylops-eeze and BBS
the pipe is in with a high-fin banded goby and a pistol shrimp.. as i move my fish into a 72 bow i am planning the pipe will move over into my oldest tank which will then be empty
ill probably get a little flaming for this post

biggourami

also the whole 'banded pipe' thing.. they are also sometimes called green banded pipefish..
if you've ever seen blue planet the have a section on thses guys where they show a mated pair on the acropora flats of a reef

lulabulla

yes, its a dragonface pipefish. they are beautiful and i have 2 of them. good luck with him they are so fun to watch (how do you know its a him?) :)