PlanemechFJ's 20Long Reef Tank

planemechfj

From what I can tell ( I have a iPhone and iMac ) I can only use the app on my phone and not the iMac. The site shows support for iPad and "all" android devices but I have no idea really. Don't know if that helps.

planemechfj

So any help or advice in regards to my Radiating Dragon Eye Zoanthids would be greatly appreciated.
How long can they stay stressed due to being messed with? Over a week ago the frag got knocked off the LR in the middle of the night. In the a.m. i put them back. Same thing the next night. So on day 3 I removed the rock and glued the frag in place. Ever since they have looked like this!

When they where looking like this, prior to a few bad days:

I don't think anything is eating them because my Eagles eyes are fine: ( taken same time as sick Dragon eye pic)

It just seems like over a week is a long time for them to be "stressed" what else could be the issue and is there anything I can do to nurse them along?

planemechfj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/395629/planemechfjs-20long-reef-tank/20#post_3525129
check it over thoroughly for starfish and vermitid snails.
after looking up vermitid snails I believe there may have been some of them near by. I broke them off the rock with a toothbrush.
I also moved the zoa's to a differant area. So far only one of the polyps has opened up. Hopefully they will keep improving.
I purchased a rose bubble tip anemone. and added it to the tank. See here:https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/395853/my-rose-bubble-tip-anemone#post_3525320
Also while doing some maintenance today, water change, glass scrub, and gravel vac. I now think I have a pistol or mantis shrimp or some other click/pop noise making creature. that was very pissed off at the fact that I had messed with the tank. It sounded like a snail shell on the glass but a little deeper in tone. I can't seem to locate the source but will be keeping an eye out.
***** in my area had the $1 a gallon sale going on so I picked up this 29 Gallon Aqueon.

I plan on drilling it and using it as the display and moving the 20L down to be the sump. IDK when, but at least a step in the right direction.
Oh well... Current FTS:

You can see the Anemone tucked in to the left of the Frogspawn( I think its really a torch ). Chalice is somewhat center and in the upper right is where I moved the Dragon eyes.
Happy 4th!

planemechfj

Did some tank maintenance so thought I would do an update.
Nothing new really, had some deaths.
1. all of my zoanthids died from something unkown.
2. my female clown suicided by jumping out, which i did not know clowns would do.
3. my large stripe hermit crab killed of two turbo snails. but at least he did move into one of the shells which was pretty cool to see.
No additions. Really just trying to maintain what i have until my 125 gallon gets going. I should get the tank sometime in Sep.
Any way on to some pics.

thats all for now.

novahobbies

Looks good!
Sorry to hear about the clown. Rule of thumb: ALL fish are capable of jumping. Even though we classify some as "jumpers," it really only means that those fish are most prone to it. In the end, though, any fish can jump if the desire takes it. I've heard of Tangs jumping, clownfish and damsels jumping, Anthias (personal experience there!)....you name it. Best thing to do is have a good net top on the tank to prevent any critter from trying to carpet-surf.

mr llimpid

Just ask Florida Joe about tangs jumping, he had 2 full size hippo's jump. I personal had 2 clowns jump one into the over flow lived and one on carpet, didn't live.

E

eric b 125

You're doing a great job w that 20g. I look forward to seeing what you do with the 125