PLease help Koran Angel with Hlle

mjm889

hey guys im looking for some help. Today i was given a nice 6 inch Koran Angel. I noticed that it had two circles just like the one on beth's picture of disease's. So i am guessing its in the advanced stages of hlle(looks identical to picture). The fish is healthy otherwise and eats like a pig. It came from a tank were the nitrates were through the roof(over 200 poor little guy) and water was nasty, plus the gentleman who had it did not give the angel the proper food for an angel. I want to see if i can reverse this and get this fish back up to par looking great once again. He now in a establish tank by himself with no other fish, took the other fish out today, the water parameters are am = 0 nit = 10 sal 1022 temp 76. Im I fighting a battle that i will never win, thanks in advance for any help you can provide

tangs rule

I know it can be reversed somewhat in tangs, thru excellent diet/living conditions provided over several months, but I have no experience with angles, but would imagine thru good diet and improved living parameters, he would improve - at least somewhat...surely some of the anglefish masters will have more data...

meowzer

Did you also read the treatment Beth suggested? I had 3 tangs that got HLLE....all 3 have recovered fully.....if you read Beth's thread....the Sailfin recovery story is my fish :)
Make sure your water quality stays excellent...feed good foods.....algae sheets....and vitamins....this is 100% curable with a little dedication

beth

Administrator
Staff member
HLLE can certainly be reversed. This sounds like a sizable fish. What size is your tank?
Good environment and adequate food is the best treatment for HLLE. I have seen fish that had more eroded scales then they did in-tact recover completely, so it doesn't sound like your situation is all that bad.

mjm889

thanks for the help its a 150, i have selcon, and vita chem for vitamins, i will soak algae sheets mysis , and the angel diet food i have in it. it makes me mad that someone would have this fish in such poor conditions, beside those two marks the fish looks pretty

mjm889

i will, at work now till 11pm ill c if i can get the camera to work, thanks for the help everyone

mjm889

now that i have picture posted any help on how to get this guy back normal will be great, common all you angel experts