Please help me ID this snail.

zantho

I had them in an old tank, they showed up with a cleaning crew package and I haven't seen them for sale anywhere since. Could someone tell me what they're called so I can search for them? I'm dying to know, I loved the way they looked so much.

fedukeford

Im not 100% sure about this, but i think they might be sundail snails. Do you have ans zoas in your tank?

fedukeford

O ok, it looked like it was in a reef so i just figured id warn you that it would eat zoas (if my ID is correct)

fedukeford

So whats the point of getting an ID now? they are probley dead since most snails dont last very long in tanks

zantho

I want an ID so I can get some for my FOWLR. I know for a fact that the pictured snail is dead, a little hermit told me.

zantho

I think they're officially "astraea phoebia". If you do a google image search, you'll see they're quite beautiful. They have them for sale at a site which I can't mention for $2.50. I guess I'm out of luck unless I can convince local hobbiests to group order enough to justify shipping...

zantho

More info in case anyone else reads this thread and likes them as much as I do.
They're basically a typical astraea but from the Carribean not including Florida. (Thanks to jski711).
They're tough to find but can be found if search for them.