PLEASE HELP

lanachka

ok guys I just saw that my rabbitface left eye is all weird looking. its swollen and it looks like some sand(in my case crashed coral) got underneth the cornia or top layer of the "eye skin" if that the right way to say it.
Did anyone had that happen to them before?
How do i help my poor fish?

S

saxman

it's not substrate. your fish likely has ****** or eye flukes, however, being unilateral, it could simply have injured the eye somehow.
how long has it been this way?
is the fish new?
what are your tank parameters (please don't say "perfect" or "OK")
are there any tankmates that may have injured the fish?
can you post a photo?
the more info you provide, the better folks can help you.

lanachka

I Googled ****** and eye flukes and so far I can’t find if that is going to pass on the other fish.
The fish was fine last night and I saw the eye was looking a bid funny this morning and now I see something is wrong.
The water parameters – well Nitrite 0 ppm Nitrate 0 ppm pH 7.4 and ammonia .50
I did a water change (well I changed 20 out of 100 gl ) this morning so I will retest water tonight
Fish is new but I had her for 2 weeks and she was great (still doing great like nothing is wrong)
There are 2 small clown fish that are 1.5 inch long (she is 6 inches long)
I’m trying to get a picture but so far she is not turning to me on that side but I’ll get one if it kills me and I’ll post it here

lanachka

I think I'm overfeeding the fish, also I need a mesh on my overflow because i think food is going in to my sump and here comes ammonia. Also I added to many coral at once and mt tank is to new to do that. i only been doing it for 4 weeks.
So yea i learn as i go. I stoped adding live stoke after i found this massage bored (wish i found it sooner)
here are some pics
this is how healty eye looks like
and this is why i can get from the "bad" eye
sorry its not very clear, its hard to take pictures of her moving[img]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...h/IMG_1893.jpg

meowzer

Well if you don;t have another tank....that kinda answers the take her out question.....do you have any prime or amquel+??
Was your ammonia .50 AFTER the w/c......You should prepare more water for a water change....do you let it mix for 24hours? How big is your tank? I would prepare a good 25%....and then get another w/c ready
what are you feeding the fish? HOW OLD isthe tank?

S

saxman

****** is contageous, flukes only require one host to reproduce, and thus, are much less contageous.
you'll need to remove the fish to treat it.
your water quality is AFU...your pH is dangerously low, however, the low pH is likely keeping the high NH3 from killing your fish. as mentioned, you're going to need a few huge WC's and will need to clean your sump out. you need to be REALLY careful with adding a NH3 neutralizer, as most will crash your pH worse than it is...i'd go for WC's, personally.
it may be best to pull the fish while you get your tank under control, because once the pH rises, the NH3 will burn your fishes' gills. it's also possible that the poor water quality is the source of your foxface's eye trouble.
if i were you, i'd get the tank under control first and foremost.

lanachka

ok I took my water to be retestet to mu local store and everything looks fine. I wonder if I messed up the test this morning when I was doing it myself. Or maybe the water change helped
I'm keeping my eye on the fish till tomorrow and then will see if I need to move her
thanks for all the help from everyone