Please ID whatever this is.

bang guy

I'm not sure what you are referring to. I see what looks like sand or detritus on the rocks, is that it?

2quills

I can vaguely detect what might be some type of polyp looking things in the second pic. Other then that I see a snail and what might be another snail or possibly hermit crab? This is a tuffy lol.

verojeremy

And those are picture of it right under my mp40 on reefcrest. Should I put it on another mode? When I do my water change should i try to suck it up? I have a swc 150 bmk protein skimmer, and a phosphate reactor.

verojeremy

Ok so I am doing my 12 gallon water change tomorrow so I will siphon it out because its annoying me and seems to be spreading. I just don't want it because I don't want it hurting or bothering the sps. Thanks everyone for you're help.

rickross23

If its a obscure type of algae, which it may be, run your lights less until it starts dying off and run 3 days of darkness...also reduce feedings and do frequent water changes.

verojeremy

Will my corals and clams be fine without 3 days of light? And I will try to siphon some out during the water change.

verojeremy

I have a red monti cap, a birdsnest, bird of paradise birdsnest, montipora undata, crocea clam, and a sqamosa clam.