please post your pics of ricordea mushrooms here!!

S

spike_501

i would be very greatful if anyone could post any pics of thier ricordea mushrooms as i am trying to see how many species there are and i think it will be nice for eveyone to look at them too!
if anyone has kept these mushrooms please can you state whether they divided and how long it took

S

spike_501

anyone? iv just bought a orange one with purple on it and it has a green dimple in the middle, il get a pick tonight so come and look back! its the nicest mushroom i have ever seen,

S

spike_501

not very clear but hope you like it, this one cost me £25 (not dollars pounds!) and iv only ever seen it the once which was when i got it, is it common in America? iv had it about 2 weeks and its already got a little mushroom ready to fall off at the base, should have loads of these to sell soon if anyone is interested?

S

spike_501

and one more from the side of the tank, i should be getting some red and some yellow ricordeas soon, so il post them when i can

darknes

Very nice color!
I don't have any rics yet, so I don't have any pics, but I want to get some for my tank sometime.

S

spike_501

heya, thanks for posting some more pics guys, hopefully we can get a few more on here and show everyone what they are missing by not having these beuitiful creatures!
tank conditions: my nitrates are up at about 40 ppm and mines doing fine, iv got standard marine tubes and again its doing fine, they say metal halides will be too strong, but many websites say that they addapt to varying water conditions (within reason) and varying light conditions.
is my orage ricordea rare in America?? cos iv onlt seen it once in the uk since i started marine about a year and a half ago.

pontius

foshizle, I find they are very easy to keep and do not require much light. in fact, I put them at the bottom of my tank (I have T5 lights) and they are doing better than when they were at the top.
I ordered 4 ricordea polyps from swf.com at $5.99 each and glued them to one rock, and they look very nice. they were already splitting when I got them. they look even better under actinic lights.

hopkins6

i was going to order one from swf but i would have to pay like 80$ before i could get them dang! when i get my new tank they are one of the first things on my list

pontius

they don't split as much as my mottled mushrooms, but I got the 4 ricordea about 2 months ago, and now I have about 7 from splits.

S

spike_501

is my orange ricordea rare in America?
im form England and i never knew it even existed until i see this one