Please rate my lighting

bluemarlin

Hi everyone. I am moving into the realm of keeping a few corals and I want to make sure that my lighting is decent. I am planning on having many mushrooms, a few soft corals and maybe some polyps and xenias. My lighting consists of 4-NO 40-watt bulbs, 2-175 watt 10,000k metal halides and 1-175 watt 20,000k metal halide. What does everyone think? Do I need more lighting?
I almost forgot to mention that the tank is a 180 gallon. 6' long by 2' wide and 2' tall. I have about 200# of LR that goes almost up to the top of the tank so I could place corals at different heights.
Thanks for any help.

bang guy

I can't think of anything that wouldn't grow under your lighting. High demand corals like SPS can go directly under one of the MH and low demand like mushrooms can go on the bottom. LPS could go just about anywhere in your lighting scheme.
Good job on the lighting and a great job of researching.
For a quick and easy boost you could swap your NO ballast for an IceCap 660. It will double the output of the NO bulbs with just a little wiring effort.

causeidm

I think you'll be fine, though I personally would have gone with 250's instead of the 175's. They just reach deaper into your tank though. So if you keep it up towards the top 18" you should be allright :)