Plumbing - Peacock Mantis Build

florida joe

http://www.ted.com/talks/sheila_patek_clocks_the_fastest_animals.html
Al I do not know if you have seen this video, but it is one of my favorites
By the way al those are acrylic tanks right

florida joe

Al my old friend, just a few thoughts on housing a Peacock Mantis, they can and have been documented to chip or break the walls of a glass aquarium. This is especially bad if the aquarium is interconnected to other tanks as the potential for a flood is amplified. This striking of the glass is most likely from the smasher seeing its reflection or while its pry is up against the glass. There are times when the hobbyist is locked into using a glass aquarium for one reason or another. What I did when setting up a friends tank that had to use a glass aquarium for financial reasons was simple go to Home depot and buy a small sheet of acrylic. Armed with the inside dimensions of her tank I has them cut the acrylic to fit inside the tank and come up about 4 inches above the top of the sand. A cheap and easy way to add some protection to her glass. Just some food for thought my friend, do me a favor and think about it

al&burke

I appreciate your concern Joe, she has been in a 20L glass tank for over a month before being moved to this one. I will consider it.