*POLL* Everyone anwser!!

b_ball12_99

I'm with Mr. Salty, I rarely need to. I have been blessed with good well water, high phosphates but still takes care of SW and FW fish w/out losing any.

none yet(tank cycleing) however i usta change 4 gallons a month(20% every 2 weeks) but im thinking of changing my habbits to 1 quart every other day which equals out to the same ammount with out massive temp changes and so fouth anyone have any ideas on it?
[ May 07, 2001: Message edited by: tanker newbie ]

bryan01601

Once a month I do about 20%. Not sure I need to though all my readings seem fine. I may just be wasting money on salt, But Better to waste money on salt than fish

fantomkoala

I'm with Mr. Salty on this one. My LR, Refugiu, and Skimmer keep me from having to change the water. I add the elements back in and its been about 4 months now, only changed the water once. Everything looks fine.
Fantom+K

Still doing 10 - 20% each week due to nitrate accumulation (UGF!!!) Want to get to Mr. Salty's frequency and I know that with time we will get there.

Every 4-6 weeks, and do about 15 gallons, but do not get any change on readings, going to start to let it go longer as I add one new gallon of topoff water[Kalwasser] every other day, for this is about 1/2 gallon a day, now that we added the MH lights. topoff water has almost doubled since adding MH..cya :)

jacques

Once a month, but my nitrates have recently skyrocketed, so I'm going to once a week until I get it under control. :rolleyes:

T

thespook

Last water change i did was when I moved 1 1/2 month ago. Dont do them unless i need to i.e. something starts to move up. Add about 1 gallon every 2 days.

seabreeze

Whenever it calls for it, which has been about once a week now, my lfs is pretty limited on stock, so im waiting on protein skimmer that i ordered, hopefully i wont have to do it as often when that comes in!!