POLL: Tasting the flake.

cprdnick

Just wondering if anyone has ever tasted the food they prepare or buy for their prized pets.
What kind of food have you eaten?
Did you like it.
For me, I have eaten a doggy bisquit, and some Ol'Roy chicken canned dog food. Lost a bet, you know how it goes.
When I worked at the zoo here in town, I tasted the monkey food, and the bear and tiger treats.
Ate some rolled oats a few times.

krishj39

Never to see if it tasted good, I was already sure it wouldn't taste good, but I'm just too curious I guess. I've eaten flake and pellet fish food, feeder guppies and goldfish, dry dog food, dog biscuits, and probaby others. Some cause I was curious, most because I was dared. NONE taste good. The dog biscuits were tolerable, but very hard.

cprdnick

Wow, I've thought about eating feeder guppies before, but all I can think about is how terrible it would be to get disentary.

i tried teh omega one food. tasted somewhat like fish actually. some kid at my lfs i work at swallowed one small feeder fish, a big feeder and washed it down with some brine. there was 35 bucks in it for him. decent amount tho. id say he defentiley earned the money.

krishj39

Unfortunately, I never get any bets because my friends know I'll do just about anything (that won't do any permanent damage). 35 bucks? Gosh, I'd have caved and done it for 5$.

shoreliner11

Well geez...don't I feel left out. I've never tried my fish food before...not sure I can stomach my mysis and brine garlic mix...hehe.:notsure:

cprdnick

Ahh, I have tried my garlic soaked brine shrimp before.
I love garlic. The bottle says "not for human consumption", but that's just to cover their buts if you get addicted, lol.

nm reef

Sick...just sick!!!:eek:
Myself...the smell alone of some of the foods I use indicate that its probably not a good idea to eat them...but maybe thats just me.

The smell I'm sure is a good indicator of the taste. YUCK! Thanks, but I'm not going to try any. I'd gladly walk away from a dare rather than actually EAT that stuff!! For the record, I've never eaten dog, cat, bird or horse food either. I'm doing good just to find a few human foods that I like!

jrpage

Originally posted by cprdnick
For me, I have eaten a doggy bisquit, and some Ol'Roy chicken canned dog food. Lost a bet, you know how it goes.
When I worked at the zoo here in town, I tasted the monkey food, and the bear and tiger treats.
Ate some rolled oats a few times.

OH MY GOSH!!!!! THAT IS YOU IN THAT AVATAR ISN"T IT????????????

Some things just make more since now.:scared:
j/k
This is DEFINATELY a "male" thing. We women actually work at keeping our mouths kissable fresh.:rolleyes:

soupysteve

The worst I ever felt for my sister when we were growing up is when she was 2 and reached up above her line of sight to tap on the glass of one of my freshwater tanks. She accidentally hit a large bottle of Tetra Cichlid flakes. It turned over as it fell down DIRECTLY into her mouth - at least 40% of that thing of food went into her mouth... She was urping before the bottle hit the floor. YUCK!
You might be able to convince me to eat an algae wafer or brine shrimp. But I refuse to eat people food that has been processed - let alone fish food.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by waterfaller1
This HAS to be a man thing huh:confused:

I'm thinking more of a young male thing - I have never tasted the fish food - though my 3 year old likes to grab the flakes ....

karajay

When I worked on a dairy farm, I tried some roasted soybeans intended for the cattle. Taste like peanuts. :)

j-cal

for the bird lovers out there, we have zupreem food at my petshop and the fruity stuff smells SUPER sweet like trix, btu in actuality it tastes liek nothing :(

cprdnick

OOOOHH yeah, I've eating parrot treats too, you know the dried fruit stuff.
Also, it is not totally a guy thing, I saw that Karajay has eaten cow food, which isn't bad. Now if you're talking alfalfa hay, then yeah, that tastes bad, smells good, tastes bad.

tru conch

when i was younger i tried some flakes, just tastes like fish
also did the dog biscuit thing, and kinda liked them. anyone remember in one of the leathal weapon movies where mel gibson is eating dog treats to stop smoking?