pond liners

am3gross

has anybody ever used a pond liner for there sump? im thinking of building my sump out of a pond liner. any experiances would be greatly appreciated!

am3gross

i was thinking of making my sump out of a pond liner. 280 gallons to be exact. my display is going to be a 210. do you have any suggestions on what to watch out for? my plans were to make a box out of plywood and put 2x6s for the supports all the way around the sump. then i was going to put the foam installation inside to cover up all the wood and then put the pond liner in and fill with water. i was going to build my stand for the tank around the sump. what do you think? think it will work?

bang guy

Originally Posted by am3gross
i was thinking of making my sump out of a pond liner. 280 gallons to be exact. my display is going to be a 210. do you have any suggestions on what to watch out for? my plans were to make a box out of plywood and put 2x6s for the supports all the way around the sump. then i was going to put the foam installation inside to cover up all the wood and then put the pond liner in and fill with water. i was going to build my stand for the tank around the sump. what do you think? think it will work?
Sounds about right.