Porcelein crab ... only he's dark with blue flecks.

tjkohler

In the tank at the LFS he looks black with blue flecks. He's got the exact same body shape as a porcelein and has the little 'nets' to catch things in the water. The LFS he wasn't a porcelein though and called him an anenome crab. I don't think that's right. Is it? Thanks for your time.

bang guy

Many Porcelain Crabs require a host Anemone for protection. That's where the name "Anemone Crab" came from. The one at the LFS may or may not require an Anemone. I'm not familiar with a Crab with the coloration you describe but it sounds really nice.

tjkohler

I'm going to pick it up (since I don't have any preditors I won't need an anenome right) so I'll get a crappy picture of it tonight or tomorrow.

slothy

I got one as a hitchhiker, so i got another to give him a buddy.. well my arrow crab violated him (the new one) within a day ! but leaves the other one alone (which was the smaller of the 2) ... just a heads up.. i didnt see you had one, but just incase..

tjkohler

Thanks Slothy, that's the reason I will always post questions about potential inhabitants even if everything I've read said they are great or reef save. So many people here have had personal experiences.

new

i have one of these as well and have seen them listed as both porcelin and anenome crabs but the store i bought mine at called it a florida crab.