Posidens 20L

posiden

Hey folks,
I thought I'd share my 20L with you all. I'll have to dig up my notes to tell you when this tank got its start. It's maybe a year old?? I think?? This is just a quick post out of happiness. It's been through a two day power outage this last winter. Which I did nothing to try and save it. So the NEM and the two Clarki clowns are new to the tank. Previously I had two skunk clowns and a LTA for them. In the power loss I lost all my fish and the NEM. I'm in the middle of a bubble algae issue right now too. I'll win though, no worries. Never the less this is where the tank is today.
I went to a LFS customer appreciation sale today and got a few corals which made me, really happy with tank. I think its now worthy of sharing. I've decided to go the Vodka route on this tank. So there is a skimmer on this tank. A DIY wooden air stone skimmer. That way it will stay aerated and all. (Sorry Meowzer, the Octo wont fit the height of this tank.) Those who know me, know I'm not huge on the super skimmer thing. So please cut me a little slack. LOL, At least there's a skimmer. HA HA.
A couple FTS. I hope you enjoy.

Here is a few close up's. The coral I bought today didn't have the greatest color and my camera skills just $uck.
My clam.

My Acans

My candy apple monti

The blue ribbon gorg

The RBA playing hide and seek

Two of my sps I got today.

The last one for tonight. My Blue polyp monti. It looks so much better then the pic. It has green and orange with the blue polyps

Thanks for looking.

meowzer

HEY THERE......IDK how you posted them, BUT the img links need to not be there
I copy and past a lot now

meowzer

IDK...LOL.....all I know is the IMG brackets on each end don't need to be there....
I right click on the pic and copy it......then ctrl V and paste it

meowzer

I just opened the pic.....right clicked on it....click copy.....then go to reply box...and hit ctrl V

posiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/391876/posidens-20l#post_3477224
I just opened the pic.....right clicked on it....click copy.....then go to reply box...and hit ctrl V
Thank you for your help Meowzer. I'm not sure why my pics did show up quite as large as when you posted them?? But at least they are up. I don't like having to click on links to see pics.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posiden http:///t/391876/posidens-20l#post_3477328
Thank you for your help Meowzer. I'm not sure why my pics did show up quite as large as when you posted them?? But at least they are up. I don't like having to click on links to see pics.
NO PROBLEM.....I hate clicking on links too

posiden

So, I was just staring at my tank and thought....Those are some big polyps. My duncan never seizes to amaze me. I've never seen such big polyps on a duncan as the one in my tank. I've never been lucky enough to be in another reefer's house to view their tank, nor have I seen bigger polyp extension on a duncan in the LFS. Maybe I'm just being silly....
I've had this piece before the 20L got its start. Which I found my notes and the birth date of the 20L is 7-12-11. It was in a 2-2.5 gallon tank I had going and has really been through hell. Its still kicking and is one of the survivors of the power outage I mentioned earlier. It had three heads on it when I bought it and I lost a head during the first few months of it being in my possession. 2.5 gallon tanks and LEDs are temper mental. To say the least.
Anyway. Pics of what I think is a large duncan polyp.

My thumb is in the pic for reference. The coral is about 2 inches away from my thumb. I would bet the polyps are the size of a half dollar.

Edit;
If you notice in the eariler pics......You'll see the duncan in the lower right pics of the FTS. Note the size next to the Maxi jet pump above it. Maybe the DIY skimmer on the back wall which is 1 1/2" acrylic tubing. Am I being silly?? Please post some shots if you know of some good sized duncan corals.