Post a picture of your dogs-are they like your fish

ilovemytank

Thanks for all the responses. I see they moved this thread to "special intrests" I think that will stop the awesome responses and all the cool dog and fish tank pictures. Keep the love for our kids ( dogs ) and our fish !!!!!

stdreb27

Originally Posted by SueAndHerZoo
http:///forum/post/2849303
Great link - haven't been to that one! If you ever get the urge to try your dogs on raw again, try grinding the food. A few of mine have turned away at the hunk of raw chicken but when I put it in a meat grinder and serve it in a bowl they inhale it. I also feed it that way when I'm in a hurry because to put hunks of chicken in their bowl leads to them grabbing a piece and heading off for the couch or rug. If I can't be standing right there to make them stay put, I feed them raw ground up. They HAVE to stay at the bowl to eat that! :)
Sue
That is wierd. Our dogs wouldn't let meat of any sort touch the ground. Ever. I can't imagine having to talk a dog into eating meat.
Originally Posted by Ilovemytank

http:///forum/post/2850275
Thanks for all the responses. I see they moved this thread to "special intrests" I think that will stop the awesome responses and all the cool dog and fish tank pictures. Keep the love for our kids ( dogs ) and our fish !!!!!
You'll probably get more views here anyway.

sueandherzoo

stdreb27;2851343 said:
That is wierd. Our dogs wouldn't let meat of any sort touch the ground. Ever. I can't imagine having to talk a dog into eating meat.
I've had quite a few dogs come in and out of my life (I'm involved with dog rescue) and there have only been a few who have turned away from raw meat. Since we don't know the history or past of these animals their individual quirks don't surprise me. The more prevalent problem I have is that the dogs love the raw meat so much they want to grab it and run to their favorite place with it (the couch) or, worse yet, want to BURY it in the couch!
In the summer I can feed them outside where they can keep the germs and mess outside but in the winter is when I usually grind so they are forced to eat at their bowls.
Sue

ilovemytank

Sue and her crew ; I have special towels that get tthrown down and cover thew area that the dogs chew on the beef ribs where they eat the raw or almost raw meat. They are color coordinated for when, where and what. Then they get washed and the dogs can chew away in the living room. You gotta love them !
Brian

I don't have access to most of pics while I am here at work but here is a few. I've got 8 dogs but this one is my oldest and I've had him since he was TINY. Funny thing is he still thinks he is!
Tank is my 72G Bowfront.

Originally Posted by petjunkie
http:///forum/post/2852946
That second pic screams for a bigger bed for that poor dog. He has to sleep across two just to fit!

LOL. He has TWO extra large beds in the house just for him. I was just showing you that he has no idea how big he is. Our 5lb pomeranian and 10lb poodle will be laying on his bed and he will be laying on theirs.

ilovemytank

I'm just curious who cooked there dogs thanksgiving dinner ? I didn't have any familly in town so I went with Ribeye steaks instead of turkey. Yeah, thats right two for me and two for each dog !!

maxalmon

Originally Posted by SueAndHerZoo
http:///forum/post/2849127
I agree with Mr. X......that's why we've been feeding our dogs the BARF diet for years now. (BARF = Bones and Raw Food but some now use the acronym to stand for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food). I won't get on a soap box here but if anyone is interested do a search for BARF - there is a LOT of information on why to do it and how to do it. I sometimes give my dogs kibble as a back up if I'm not going to be home for their meat feeding but please examine what's in the dog food you feed. Cereal/grains/corn is NOT a healthy diet for a dog.
Sue
Totally agree with you, I can get so spun on whats in dog food that it makes me angry..
Here is one of my boxers, this is Shadow
"Something in the air"

"I'll do it, but I'm over the teeth"

sueandherzoo

Oh my God - the facial expressions on these boxers of ours can break a heart! LOL I've had SO MANY dogs, but I now have such a love for boxers I don't think I'll ever be without one. Then again I have said that about pugs, too. (am now on my third). And now that I've lived with a Great Dane for over a year, I'm not sure I could ever be without one of those, either. Seems I'm doomed to be a multi-dog household forever. :)
Sue