post all your clown

debbie

Say I have a question regarding the --- of clowns. When you just have "one" is it a male or female?
I know they can change their --- and I just had a pair of ocellaris but now I have the one maroon clown.

02f350psd

well unfortunately i think one of my saddleback clowns didn't make it. haven't seen him in about a day. i think the anenome may be eating him as i moved around all the rocks looking for him with no sign of him

mrdc

Originally Posted by deelucky

my clown lovin the brain

Ok you suck

I have added many things in my tank for hosting purposes and you have something that I would have never imagined a clown to host. I think he is just resting and not hosting

gpyetiman

Here is my true percula. I have hime in the same tank as my saddleback, I have also had him about one year. :joy:

actionjack

Originally Posted by Debbie
Say I have a question regarding the --- of clowns. When you just have "one" is it a male or female?
I know they can change their --- and I just had a pair of ocellaris but now I have the one maroon clown.

The dominant clown is female. So if there is only 1 clown, then its THE dominent one so its a female.
One clown = Female :joy:

natep206

Originally Posted by actionjack
The dominant clown is female. So if there is only 1 clown, then its THE dominent one so its a female.
One clown = Female :joy:
not always correct.
when born they are all juvis that dont have a gender yet. if a juvi is put by its self then it will turn in to a male. eventually if alone will turn in to a female. if 2 juvis are together they will both turn in to males then they will fight. the winner will turn in to a female. if 2 females are put together one will die. there can also be a group of up to about 5. the first 2 to turn in to males will fight the winner will be the female. if the females dies then the male turns in to a female and a juvi turns in to a male. if the male dies a juvi turns in to a male.
nate

natep206

Originally Posted by mrdc
Big Bro:

Little Bro:

Could be Sis but I just don't know :notsure:

the big one is the female. when a male turns in to a female it alowes them to grow bigger then the male. when a female is added with a male the male will stop growing.
nate

natep206

Originally Posted by Debbie

they can change for male to female. but males cant become juvis and females cant become juvis or males.
nate

mrdc

Originally Posted by NateP206
the big one is the female. when a male turns in to a female it alowes them to grow bigger then the male. when a female is added with a male the male will stop growing.
nate

Thnaks for the info. I should also add that I have had the bigger one for 7+ months and the smaller one for maybe 2. I know they like to do the electric shake at each other all the time.