Post Pics Of Diy Stands...

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by TheGrog
Here is my 125 stand

Can any one say drooling with envy for that stand.
:jumping: You need to make plans and have them readily available to email to people. every time I see this stand my pants get a little tighter

murph145

heres my stand and canopy for my 180
i built it outta 2x4's cross braced and such then i used cherry paneling with matching colonial trim and stained them all to match
all panles are totally removable to the fram that way i can access any equipment easily!

Stand for my 125H I made a plywood frame and covered it with quarter sawn french oak reclaimed form large wine fermenters. We used a interlocking design with the 3/4 plywood then clued the oak on. the top and bottom of the canniop and stand are capped with black walnut bands. The walnut came from a tree in my wife grandparents now parents front yard. In the inside of the doors you can still see the wine stains.

X

xoxox

I'll have to add this pic since I'm still working on getting the tank up, I'm at the DIY skimmer stage.

crox

Originally Posted by misfit
Heres a pic of my stand and canopy before i stained it for my 210.

Can you build one for me?

X

xoxox

Originally Posted by sinister52
how do u know it will hold the tanks weight?
Believe it or not but actually most of us have overbuilt our stands.
A very small amount of wood can hold alot of weight. I have a stand for my 55 that came
from an aquarium store thats rated to 90 gallons and its only held up by 1/2 inch pieces.

cresh1966

I posted some other pics in my own thread
I was lucky, an in-wall is not quite as hard as a stand (sturdier base)

threed240

Murph. What kind of connections do you use for your panels? I am making a stand for a 55, and I like how you can remove the entire panel for access.

murph145

for the bottom panels i used heavy duty velcro lol hey it works!
the top one i used slip and lock hinges
both i got at the depot and was cheap
works really good IMO and especially makes for easy access to the sump area

joe123

great idea and i wouldn't have noticed until i went back to your pic and looked. smartguy everyone....lol

threed240

Thanks. I had know idea how expensive wood is now. Im over $100 in a stand for a 55 and I am not close to being done yet. Im making it 57" long, 18" wide, and 42" tall. I am also adding a 6" wide shelf around the front and sides of the tank. I am also making my canopy 16" high off the top of the tank, for plenty of room to swap things around. Everything is being covered in birch. I will post some pics soon.

murph145

sounds good!
yeah i think my stand and canopy ran me about $325 when all finished
i made the paneling outta american cherry
the rest was just 2x4's reinforced and 3/4" ply for the bottom and the tank to sit on

X

xoxox

The [white] rope molding cost more than the rest of the stand all together.
It was the most expensive molding in the store but the girlfriend HAD to have it.

murph145

id just put real rope then lol and spray some acrylic on it to harden it lol
just messin like the look thought!

X

xoxox

Originally Posted by murph145
id just put real rope then lol and spray some acrylic on it to harden it lol
just messin like the look thought!

..you mean hemp rope.