Post pictures of your eels here

i've had eely 4 2 yrs.he was the size of a pencil thats my baby i,m thinking of getting him a buddy b.d.e. i love those i want one bad i think they will b fine together what do you guys think

armyof1jjk

Hey DK, how does your Fimby do with other fish, if you have any? Mine nipped at my puffer when introducing him to the the tank, so he puffed to about the size of a softball lol. Wht do you feed him. I find that cocktail shrimp works really well, and keeps them full for a long time. I feed mine every 2-4 days depending. I feed 1-2 pieces of cocktail shrimp @ a time without the tails via skewer, but i have to actually FEED it to him. If i drop it in front of him he will look at it then look at me like, "Put it in my mouth for me A-hole", its hilarious.

dknewyork

Same here. Mine nipped at my puffer. Ate my about 3 of my fishes. All which I thought was too big to fit in his mouth. I got nothing but triggers and groupers in my tank now. As far as feeding, I feed him silversides and sometimes squid. He is a pain in the ass. I have to feed him too. He would bite it sometimes and lets it go. It then falls to the bottom and my other fishes get it.
I usually feed him like every 3 days and make him come up for it.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
http:///forum/post/2540509
Mine nipped at my puffer. Ate my about 3 of my fishes. All which I thought was too big to fit in his mouth.
Hate to say I told you so....But I told you so in your photography thread a few months ago that would happen...You have some great fish though, I am glad you decreased #'s a bit.

dknewyork

My fish got eaten before I even posted in this forum. So you didn't really tell me nothing. As far as the number of fish decreased, I have just about the same amount I started with.

crimzy

DME, you need to lighten up. Who really cares if people want to handfeed their eels? This does no harm to the eels and lots of people enjoy it. If they want to risk their fingers and potentially give their eels a taste for human flesh then the only risk is to themselves.
And just so you know, a lot of people have had eels for a decade or more. In fact, the only ways I've ever seen them die is from escape. Keeping eels alive is no great feat.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2541221
DME, you need to lighten up. Who really cares if people want to handfeed their eels? This does no harm to the eels and lots of people enjoy it. If they want to risk their fingers and potentially give their eels a taste for human flesh then the only risk is to themselves.
And just so you know, a lot of people have had eels for a decade or more. In fact, the only ways I've ever seen them die is from escape. Keeping eels alive is no great feat.

Thankfully, he's already banned.

95harley

Since I have not seen any Golden's in the ring yet, here is my baby. Currently about 16" and living in a 75g. I also have a 24+ Snowflake, 16"+ White Eye Moray.
Plans on a Jap DME one day soon.

myerst22

That is a Gym Meletremus. Dwarf Moray. Here's my new eel, Gym Meletremus hanging with his new buddy. Regards, Tim

salt210

heres eli he is roughly 18" and was around 12" when we got him. the second pic is him eating a shrimp.