Post pictures of your tanks reef or fowlr!!!

murph145

looks good reefreak that is one big anemone!

chrisarc ur 55 is cool uve got some nice grown out corals in it....
i used to have some huge leathers and softies but slowly been thinning them out to go more with sps

reefreak29

hey murph i just traded in my leather because i leaned more towards sps i have about 12 sps now , i was afraid of chemical warfair

murph145

how are they doing so far?
i used to keep a huge toadstool my colt and yellow fiji finger leather in my 100 with a dozen sps or so but i kept havin issues so with the new tank im gettin rid of the softies not all but just thining them out alot
i run carbon all the time but still have some issues with sps for some reason...

reefreak29

what are your issues , i also run carbon and once a month i run phosban to keep my phos. at zero sps are very intolerable to phos.

murph145

i duno my main issues is that i cant keep montis at all they seem to hate my tank for some reason all types and kinds they just hate my tank
my readings are
ph 8.1-8.2
am,ni,na all 0
ca 420-430
alk 8dkh
mg 1400
temp 79-80
sg 1.025-35
38x's turnover
i havent checke4d my phosphjates in a while so im guna go get a test and run some phosban too hope that should help if its needed...
other then that im not sure

reefreak29

i actually keep my monti in a lower light area and it seems to be doing good there . did i read right that your sg was 1.025 to 1.035

fishieness

maybe you have monti eating flatworms like i did :hilarious it took me a while to figure out why mmy 20+ frags were dieing while my acros were doin great. I not have like 1/2 of a 2-3" frag of purple digitata (but at least i got all of them for free from a fellow reefer getting out of the hobby. but it would have been sweet to still have them. I think that is where they came form but im not sure). anyways, they are SUPER tiny. I had thought they were just debris or detritus. They look like the zoo eating ones, only they are white (the color of the dead skeleton they jsut ate) and about 1-2 mm long!! Anyways, they are super hard to spot and it took me a while to realize it. However, some phosban may help, suposedly lowering nutrients would do it.

murph145

oh sorry lol my sailinty is 1.025 or 35 spacific gravity
u know i dont have any of those nudis i looked hard and low and studied up on them and dont see any signs its more like the monti bleaches then dies away.... im thinking the light did it to them now cuz my 250DE's are pretty bright so im guna try them down lower from now on

N

n_sarno

I havent posted photos of my tank in a while so here we go..
my 75 gallon reef

murph145

looks like u got one huge long spine urchin in the back ground?
how is it with ur corals does he bump them over at all?
does he eat ur coraline?

N

n_sarno

yea, its a longspine.. I havent had problems w/ him really other then him knocking over small corals here and there or the fact that he is MASSIVELY HUGE I got it probably 6 months ago and it was the size of a golfball now its bigger then a soccer ball.. I am trading him off to someone locally soon because he is just to big for my taste..

ray28576

Originally Posted by actionjack
I like this tank, looks nice and clean. Beautiful corals and fish :)
Thanks, I really appreciate the compliments.
Those are some older pics, I need to take some newer ones. I wish I had a better camera. My camera doesn't take very good pics of my tank. Thanks again.