post ur freshwater pics!

natep206

i have had my red eared slider for about 1 and a 1/2 years now and just today started making it in to a turtle/freshwater fish tank! i have the trutle and 2 balck moors heres a pic of them hangin out

i would love to see pics of ur fresh watertanks to get ideas on what to add next
i would also love any comments and suggestions

thanks!
nate

:happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish :happyfish

misfit

they look pretty cool.I receently upgraded my freshwater to 125 gal but I dont have pics. I'll try to get some and post them. :happyfish

gasman4433

I have angle fish.Its not small the castle is huge.27 inches long ang 17 inches high.I have the fish in another tank right now.Ill be putting them back this weekend.

lyngvar

Here's a pic of our true gourami (sp?) Merlin. He'll be a year old in September. When we bought him he was 2 to 3 inches long. Merlins right around 13 inches long now. He's in a plain tank......he doesnt like any decorations in the tank with him......he destroys them..... Mel

robchuck

I piece-mealed a 10g planted tank together from old equipment about a month ago to learn how to care for FW plants and fish when I go to convert my reef to a planted tank this summer. Here's a couple of shots from the tank:

millerman

better watch him...I had 2 baby sliders that i had for for four years. They eat the pellet turtle food and then i moved them outside during the summer so they could sun and frogs would get into the tank and they would start eating them even though i had done this ever since i had them never seeing them do this before they were like 2 eating machines eating pellets and then eventually shiners from the lake. they were always hungry they would dance in the water at the top of the tank when i would walk by. looked like they were trying to swim out of the tank. Im not saying that he will eat the black moor but they are fish eaters. So you may want to watch him.

blazehok68

Originally Posted by RobChuck
I piece-mealed a 10g planted tank together from old equipment about a month ago to learn how to care for FW plants and fish when I go to convert my reef to a planted tank this summer. Here's a couple of shots from the tank:

wait...your converting your reef to a planted tank? a FW planted tank? i guess to each his own.
on a side note, i always wanted to try a fw planted tank with maybe some discus. i dont know if this is possible though.

greggti

I had more trouble keeping discus than I do with my very self sufficient reef. If done correctly it can be absolutely stunning . Gotta love lookin at a school of say,37 cardinal tetras(they were hard to get an accurate count on) :happyfish

robchuck

Originally Posted by BLAZEHOK68
wait...your converting your reef to a planted tank? a FW planted tank? i guess to each his own.
on a side note, i always wanted to try a fw planted tank with maybe some discus. i dont know if this is possible though.
Yup! The short story is that I'm going to be a dad in a few months and need to reduce the amount of time spent maintaining the big reef and the maintenance expenses on the tank (electricity, salt, additives, and all that stuff). So I'm setting up my 65g reef again and turning the 300g into a low-tech planted tank with minimal maintenance requirements.

sleasia

there is definately alot to be said for freshwater. I had fancy goldfish long before I started saltwater, and kept them in a 55 side by side with my 55 gall saltwater. then when I got the200 gallon, I gave all my goldfish, tank everything to a friend . but I kindof miss the shiny goldfish. So, I'm now turning my chinese "fishbowl" into a goldfish pond....no fish yet, but I've got pics under the equipment threads.