post ur freshwater pics!

crox

Originally Posted by NateP206
cool what kinda fish do u have?? looks really small for a 92!!!
thanks for sharing!
nate

It does look small and no fishes!!!!

crox

I used to keep and breed turquoise discus in my 65 before I turned to sw. No I have a 30 in my office with 3 angels (1 black and 2 marbles/koi) 2 blue german rams a pair of kribensis and a golden nugget pleco.

arsen_36

Originally Posted by RobChuck
Yup! The short story is that I'm going to be a dad in a few months and need to reduce the amount of time spent maintaining the big reef and the maintenance expenses on the tank (electricity, salt, additives, and all that stuff). So I'm setting up my 65g reef again and turning the 300g into a low-tech planted tank with minimal maintenance requirements.
cool! will fresh water plants survive in a saltwater tank? give me some details on how you do that. sounds like a cool little experiment i could try with my ten gallon.

tnt

How about a freshwater pond? These pics are from last year. I traded in the goldfish and only kept the koi. They have grown alot since then. It's around 400-450 gallons. Anyone else got a pond?

robchuck

Originally Posted by arsen_36
cool! will fresh water plants survive in a saltwater tank? give me some details on how you do that. sounds like a cool little experiment i could try with my ten gallon.
The tank will be FW when I convert it to plants (which shouldn't be long now!)

mongo

Yah know my freshwater set up started as a turtle tank .. my slider < well my kids slider > got to big for his little tank so i got him a 55 .. but then it looked empty soo i went out and got a red parrot and a JD .. pretyt good size fish .. the LFS had a 300 gallon tank set up with a bunnch of turtles and lots of fish .. the turtles paid the fish no mind at all .. they said it was because the fish were to big and that it would be fine to put them in my tank..
Well sure enough that f-in slider spent the next 3 days trying to eat the parrot fish .. didnt mess with the JD .. so much that i had to move the turtle out of the tank and now its a fish only FW lol /shrug .. just thought i would share

emperor11

I will definetly keep you all posted on my adventure here. A friend of my brother in law's is selling a used 75 gallon for 75 bucks. I plan to do a teacup stingrays, some wild angels and wild discus, a pictus cat, an african butterfly, and a leaffish. Just thought I'd let ya all know. As soon as I start setting it up, I'll take some step by step pictures.

teen

Originally Posted by NateP206
i know what they eat..ive gave him feeder fish before. the black moors are way to big for him to eat

i doubt those fish are to big for him. ive kept planty of turtles and they will most likely bite all there fins off, and then just leave the fish dieing at the bottom of the tank. :scared:

natep206

ok... again they r too quick and to big for him... he will never eat them even if he wanted to.they r scared of him. they stay away from him....

nate

crox

Originally Posted by johnsus
THANKS! I enjoy them ALMOST as much as I do my reef inhabitants.
How are those rasbora doing in that tank? I can't dind them anywhere around here. I would like to add a few in my 30G that I keep in my office.

crox

Originally Posted by johnsus
THANKS! I enjoy them ALMOST as much as I do my reef inhabitants.

Also what's your PH? Rasboras like a very acid one around 6. Do you use any black water extract?

johnsus

The Rasboras are doing great, very active. The tank has a PH of 7.0. I purchased the discus from a store that had them in 7.0 water. There they are raised in tanks with water from the tap. I use RO water with 25% tap. No. I do not use any Blackwater Extract.