post ur freshwater pics!

swlover

Originally Posted by tnt
How about a freshwater pond? These pics are from last year. I traded in the goldfish and only kept the koi. They have grown alot since then. It's around 400-450 gallons. Anyone else got a pond?
I do I do...no pics on this puter though. I have had my pond for about 4 years now...lots and lots of lilies, cat tails and gold fish, Butterfly Koi, frogs and yea i had a turtle too. The turtle met his demise though with out Rotti...I was pretty upset about that, we called him speedy and I had him since he hatched out of an egg..he was a paint turtle...poor speedy! Blah!! Any way here is my 20 gal. FW, I have a dinosour eel, angles a Fw crab and some cats...plants.

swlover

Originally Posted by teen
i doubt those fish are to big for him. ive kept planty of turtles and they will most likely bite all there fins off, and then just leave the fish dieing at the bottom of the tank. :scared:
I have kept turtles for the last 25 years or so...when I was a kid, I used to keep them in with gold fish in a 20 gallon, let them go when they got big...never did any of my turtles eat my fish...with the exception of snapping turtles. I had one turtle lay eggs on my brother's lap when we had her out one time...no kidding, two eggs. We let her and her eggs go in my grandmother swamp.

morales67

those puffers need salt!!!they arent freshwaterfish!, theyr brackish
they will only live in fresh water for a while

morales67

Originally Posted by Emperor11
I will definetly keep you all posted on my adventure here. A friend of my brother in law's is selling a used 75 gallon for 75 bucks. I plan to do a teacup stingrays, some wild angels and wild discus, a pictus cat, an african butterfly, and a leaffish. Just thought I'd let ya all know. As soon as I start setting it up, I'll take some step by step pictures.
wild angels are nice
ive got a baby myself!
so there are fresh water stingrays! i wasnt sure do they get big
here are 2 of 3 of my angels. the smaller one with verticl stripes is the wild one

swlover

Originally Posted by dmjordan
my 2 green spotted pufferfish. had them for 2 years now.
:happyfish
Awe..I miss my puffer!
Mine looked just like those, and had him for about 6 years. My LFS has dwarf puffers, they look just like the bigger ones but really tiny, about the size of a marble..have you seen them?! And very agressive little boogers, she showed me what they will do to a goldfish...I guess thats what they are feeding them. I'm gonna get my ten gallon going and get a couple. What do you feed yours? and do they eat from your hand? Nice pic, I'd like to see more.

dmjordan

Hard to get them to stay still to take pics. I feed mine live ghost shrimp, thawed hikari frozen brine shrimp, thawed frozen blood worms, thawed frozen mysys shrimp (1 different food each day not all same day). I also put empty snail shell in there for them to bite on. They can tear a shell up pretty bad in a couple of months. And I know thesse are brackish not SW or FW but a mixture of both. salt level - 1.011.

morales67

Originally Posted by swlover
Awe..I miss my puffer!
Mine looked just like those, and had him for about 6 years. My LFS has dwarf puffers, they look just like the bigger ones but really tiny, about the size of a marble..have you seen them?! And very agressive little boogers, she showed me what they will do to a goldfish...I guess thats what they are feeding them. I'm gonna get my ten gallon going and get a couple. What do you feed yours? and do they eat from your hand? Nice pic, I'd like to see more.

i know what your talking about.
can those dwarfs be put in with the reg spotted puffers?i know how mean they are (i sat ther and watched them tear up my cousins freshwater tank
(no fish were hurt too much))

swlover

I duno, LFs lady told me just them by themselves..seems like the bigger puffers can take care of themselves though! I'm gonna set up my tank tomorrow..she said it would be awile before she got more in. I'll post pics when I get them.

swlover

Originally Posted by johnsus
The discus tank I keep in addition to my 2 saltwater tanks.
Those are lovely fish and great clear pictures..I have always wanted discus..But they are almost impossiable to find around here..most of the LFS had them back about 10 years ago, then all of a sudden, they are gone, made me mad to see my favorite store no longer carries them. They had a mated pair with babies in their biggest show tank..so cute. Yours ever have babies?

oceanwaves

Originally Posted by johnsus
The discus tank I keep in addition to my 2 saltwater tanks.
Gorgeous discus I'm getting rid of my cichlids as they are too agressive for me
and I want to figure out what to get in the 125 gallon to replace them with.
Those are really beautiful. Do you just have orange? I'd love just a peaceful
calm tank.
I'd love to see your whole tank too what other fish do you have?