Post wrasse pics here!!

cjml

Originally Posted by Triggernut
Thanks,
I have the bird wrasse like 7 months now. He is cool to watch and boy does he eat! :scared: :scared: I love his color

Take care,
Trigggs

Yes they are BIGGG eaters! And they like my crustaceans-so I try to feed them well-they love kril, squid, and all the other frozen foods I feed. So frequent water changes are needed! But I love my wrasses! :happyfish :happyfish Is that a yellow wrasse too?

N

nemette

WOW what beautiful fish!!! I recently got a six line wrasse... wanted a four line but they are so rare no one had one.. then found the blue flasher wrasse but wow hes expensive... anyways back to my point... from the moment I introduced the cute bugger he started picking at the worms.. normal its what they do.. yeah.. but its been like 10 days and either hes eating alot of worms or I dunno.. but today was the first day he acually kinda picked at a little food when it was feeding time... now is that normal??? Will he start eating when he runs outta worms? I feed frozen Emerald entree and flakes thats loaded with lots of algea.. also has a garlic substance to help with the parasites... I occasionally throw in some pellets... hes kinda a weird one :notsure:
Also I seen above the pic of the six line... is that an adult.. I red that they change dramaticly when growing to an adult.. Do they get ..well... ugly? Thanks for everyones info I really learn alot on here!!! :joy:
Kassie :cheer:

triggernut

Originally Posted by cjml
Yes they are BIGGG eaters! And they like my crustaceans-so I try to feed them well-they love kril, squid, and all the other frozen foods I feed. So frequent water changes are needed! But I love my wrasses! :happyfish :happyfish Is that a yellow wrasse too?

Hey,
Yes that is a yellow wrasse and I got him around the same time I got the bird wrasse. He has black dots on him and they say they get more prominent when he gets older. He is very to himself and doesn't bother anyone unless they bother him. He eats very well also. They just love that formula a and b.
Nice pics everyone!

Triggs

saltn00b

Originally Posted by nemette
but today was the first day he acually kinda picked at a little food when it was feeding time... now is that normal??? Will he start eating when he runs outta worms? I feed frozen Emerald entree and flakes thats loaded with lots of algea..
you need to put in some more meaty foods and he will eat them more aggressively. mysid shrimp are great.

kevin34

Hello-I believe he is a powder brown-because of his facial colorings but he does sometime have bluish colors-so maybe he is a little of both. He also has greyish-blueish coloring at times like a naso tang. So maybe a mixed breed tang?? :notsure: Whatever he is he is the king of my tank! :happyfish :happyfish
I would love to see more pics of it. Your tang is without a doubt the most amazing tang I have ever seen!
Where did you get it?

cjml

Originally Posted by Dogstar
The Tang in question is a Acanthurus japonicus. Proper common name is Whiteface Tang. Looks nice, btw.
Thankyou! -yes that is his official name-lfs refer to him as white faced tang- or powder brown. King of my tank!!

cjml

Originally Posted by Kevin34
I would love to see more pics of it. Your tang is without a doubt the most amazing tang I have ever seen!
Where did you get it?
Thankyou so much! We have had him for almost 4 years --he's my baby as well as the king of my tank. My husband got him at one of our lfs. :happyfish

triggernut

Originally Posted by Triggernut
Hey,
Yes that is a yellow wrasse and I got him around the same time I got the bird wrasse. He has black dots on him and they say they get more prominent when he gets older. He is very to himself and doesn't bother anyone unless they bother him. He eats very well also. They just love that formula a and b.
Nice pics everyone!

Triggs

Hi,
Here's some closer pics of my yellow wrasse. It's hard to get him to stay still. Enjoy!!

Triggs

cjml

Beautiful fish! Nice tank too!! Wish I could add another wrasse-but not enough room! So wish we had set up a bigger tank to start with!! :happyfish Love that big shell!

triggernut

Beautiful fish! Nice tank too!! Wish I could add another wrasse-but not enough room! So wish we had set up a bigger tank to start with!! :happyfish Love that big shell!

Hi,
Believe it or not that shell my girlfriend had for 30 years and we cleaned it up and stuck it in the tank. The other shells are from the island of Dominica from my cruise in Feb. Enjoy and thanks for the comments!

Triggs

cjml

Originally Posted by nemette
WOW what beautiful fish!!! I recently got a six line wrasse... wanted a four line but they are so rare no one had one.. then found the blue flasher wrasse but wow hes expensive... anyways back to my point... from the moment I introduced the cute bugger he started picking at the worms.. normal its what they do.. yeah.. but its been like 10 days and either hes eating alot of worms or I dunno.. but today was the first day he acually kinda picked at a little food when it was feeding time... now is that normal??? Will he start eating when he runs outta worms? I feed frozen Emerald entree and flakes thats loaded with lots of algea.. also has a garlic substance to help with the parasites... I occasionally throw in some pellets... hes kinda a weird one :notsure:
Also I seen above the pic of the six line... is that an adult.. I red that they change dramaticly when growing to an adult.. Do they get ..well... ugly? Thanks for everyones info I really learn alot on here!!! :joy:
Kassie :cheer:
Hello! Wrasses are meat eaters-feed him krill, mysis, and other meaty frozen foods. Frozen foods are much better for him then flake. They are hearty eaters for sure! :happyfish :happyfish