Post your 10 gallons

fishguy83

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
This is mine

that is a great tank bang guy -- looks very natural, and great for a nano -- after my 37 g gets going, i'm definately going to do a nano, to try out some corals, etc...
so what are lighting requirements for say, a 10 gallon reef?

ogredawg

Not too much yet.
What do you guys think, what else should I add? I can't have corals or anemone because of my chocolate chip starfish. Thinking about artificial anemone and coral. I'm going to add more live rocks later. Also is it true that fuzzy dwarf lionfish can be kept in a community fish tank? If I can mix the lionfish with the clown I will buy a bigger tank at least a 55 gallon.
Here's the pics...
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/jgsantos19@sbcglobal.net
Thanx

laddy

Not a good picture, but I can't spen another 45 minutes trying to get the Kodak software to work........err, that is, my brain to comprehend it.

laddy

By the way, not a bad way to spend $8.99 to $12.99 in my opinion.......to start out with.

arsen_36

Originally Posted by ogredawg
Not too much yet.
What do you guys think, what else should I add? I can't have corals or anemone because of my chocolate chip starfish. Thinking about artificial anemone and coral. I'm going to add more live rocks later. Also is it true that fuzzy dwarf lionfish can be kept in a community fish tank? If I can mix the lionfish with the clown I will buy a bigger tank at least a 55 gallon.
Here's the pics...
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/jgsantos19@sbcglobal.net
Thanx

i don't see any pics :notsure:

arsen_36

realy nice. it looks pretty nice for not having to much in it. i love that clean look but this damn hair algea is killing me

laddy

LOL......Euphyllia, frogspawn, which the two ocellaris have hosted in. It's a year and a half in the tank and doubled in size--much to the hatred of my zoos.

bluelagoon

here's my ten gallon....been up for like a month and a half or so. this was up for about 3 or 4 weeks or so, i've since had to move it out of my dorm so the rockwork of course changed a little bit, i think i like it better now.
ok, the first pic is of my 10 cycling with the new lr, then the next one is of the tank after the switch from the 5 to 10, but i gotta get a new pic soon...
equipment:
filter (got it from walmart, don't remember what kind it is now) made for like a 20 gal or something like that
powerhead (my mom gave it to me with the empty tank, don't know what it is lol)
lighting:
96w coralife 50/50 pc
livestock:
1 ocellaris
1 black ocellaris
5 turbo snails
1 hermit (don't know what he is either, but i need to get more shells in there so i can add more hermits-he kills other hermits lol)
1 skunk cleaner shrimp (from my mom's $1.99 each score!)
i also have some various mushrooms my mom gave me

oh and some blasted pulsing xenia...
i had some my mom gave me in my 5 gal, but they didn't do so well, so i cut them off the rocks, but i guess i left a little behind cuz they started growing, just a teeny tiny little bit in the 5, and now in this tank, they've like tripled in size (they're now about 3 cm tall) and they have started pulsing again.... at least my lfs will give me credit for them once they get big enough to multiply...

jawfish101

Sorry, a bit off subject but...Bang Guy, How much and what kind of live rock do you have? I am trying to set up a sw tank for my cousin, and was wondering if that rockwork allowed for a lot of room for corals?
P.S. - Awesome tank

Thanks!