Post your favorite/most personable fish

gio28

like the title says...if you have a fish thats cool, funny, personable, etc etc etc...post it here.
Tell why and post a pic that shows it.

king_neptune

Most any kind of blenny.
The picture that hooked me was a blue one perched on the mantle of a blue maxima looking at the camera. Blennies are really cool becuase they like to perch and watch you out side.
And oddly the single most personable fish Ive ever seen was a damsel. It would follow my finger around the outside off the glass like it was a magnet. It was in the marine biology lab back in highschool. For some reason It liked to play chase with fingers. up and down, back and forth.

florida joe

Originally Posted by King_Neptune
http:///forum/post/3135601
Most any kind of blenny.
The picture that hooked me was a blue one perched on the mantle of a blue maxima looking at the camera. Blennies are really cool becuase they like to perch and watch you out side.
And oddly the single most personable fish Ive ever seen was a damsel. It would follow my finger around the outside off the glass like it was a magnet. It was in the marine biology lab back in highschool. For some reason It liked to play chase with fingers. up and down, back and forth.
these pics are for you

btldreef

I too have to say blennies. Had a lawnmower blenny that had such a personality. I was/ still am very upset over his death
Can't wait until our LFS gets another one in.
I like clownfish, just not mine, they're MEAN!

J

jetskiking

Thats funny, before I even looked in the thread I thought Flame Hawk and blennies. I really think its mostly just perching fish in general. Like stated above its as though they watch you outside the tank. I had a flame hawk that tormented my cat.

gio28

the flame hawks are my favorite...i've seen videos of them and they just seem like the funniest fish ever. blennys are also pretty cool...i had an algae blenny once and he just sat and watched me wherever i went in the room.

Can it be a freshwater fish? I don't have any salties yet. If yes, I'd have to say my male Killifish, because he looks so cool hovering around the surface, that and a feeding time he lets me pet him :) not just the poke either, he lets me actually rub on him! It's the coolest thing!