Post your favorite pet pics

jacknjill

and here is one of jack and jill (my other cat) sleeping together.
notice in the pic above his 6 toes lol

newbiereef

i have 3 ferrets and i just wanted to add that a ferret does have a natural scent, however the more you bathe them the stonger it will become. i bathe mine 1 time every 3 months and they barley smell at all. when i first got them, i was told to bathe twice a week, and the scent kept getting worse and as i eased off the baths it sort of disappeared. just thought id share.
herb

T

tuningvis

this guy caught him ... took me months of trying and the dog gets it in one night :rolleyes:

S

simm

Originally posted by tuningvis
its a rodent

Agreed. I like going into my barn and shooting them. Nasty as$ things. There has been several people here die from hantavirus from them.

boalgf

Just a rodent? That's like saying my porcupine puffer is just a fish. Someone has a pet rat posted as his favorite pet. Different people like different animals. Seems in bad taste to put pictures of a dead animal on a forum where people obviously love animals so much. Looking at it pissed me off pretty bad actually. My husky killed an adorable squirrel (rodent) a while back. Sad, but it happens. That doesn't mean I'm going to take a picture of it to show everyone. you should consider removing the picture.

ophiura

Hey guys, lets not be critical of people's pets, OK. (That cat's ugly, here's a dead rat, etc).
I've personally kept both mice and rats and find they make excellent pets. Please try and just post a pet pick and not offend people. You may think it is funny to see an animal killed, others may not. Keep to the topic.
I hate it when a few people can take a seemingly innocent thread and turn it ugly. Great if you don't like rats...whatever, just don't bring it here.

T

tuningvis

and it's gone suprise suprise... it's sad when someone takes offense to a rodent living in a apartment where it doesn't even pay rent
i dont know about you boalgf but i dont want a rat in my apt.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That's you. Rats can be pets now and are sold at petshops as "pet" as well as sold as "food" for my legless "pet" above. It is akin to a gerbil, or a hamster....both of which are mammals as well as "rodent". Bottom line, this topic is to share our pet pictures, not gross or offend others. Lets not drown the topic now, with a debate.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I love my slithering friends. This one is my favorite. He is an old royal python who is old enough to have orginated in Africa [before snake breeding caught on in the USA].

ophiura

I miss my rats and mice

None of my current (cats, parakeet, fish) or former (cats, parakeets, rabbit, rats, mice, hamsters, dog, fish) pets pay rent :notsure: How have they been getting away with free rent all these years?!?! Man, I've been ripped off. I'll have to sit everyone down for a talk tonight. But I probably won't have any of them knocked off for that. :D
Anyway, your point is taken. You don't like them. You can say "I don't like them." You could make the distinction between a pet rat and a wild rat...like one but not the other. But we don't need visual evidence, and we don't need people specifically saying other people's pet's are ugly or whatever.
I, for one, do not take great pleasure in seeing an animal suffer, desirable critter or not. I had managers who had a fun time throwing a live rabbit to a tank of alligators. They thought it was great fun. I thought it was disgusting. Predation happens, but I don't get personal thrills from watching it.