Post your Photo tips here...

volitan_fa

I have the same camera. Press the mode button and select "Sports". It makes the shutter speed faster, but you'll have to make sure you have enough supplemental lighting.

sinaloa213

Originally Posted by volitan_fa
I have the same camera. Press the mode button and select "Sports". It makes the shutter speed faster, but you'll have to make sure you have enough supplemental lighting.
woooohooooo thanks it works

05xrunner

you need Higher shutter speed...Those preset modes are generally gonna give you crap. Stay away from them if you can...If you have creative modes on your camera like Apature, shutter, manual use them
Try out the Shutter mode and set it the like 1/100 sec and give that a try..keep playing around so you know what it does...Also if your getting to dark of a pic..try and up the ISO a little to help.

volitan_fa

Yeah, those are nice but the S5 doesn't support them...it just has a boat-load of preset mix and matches. It takes pretty decent pictures IMO though.

bemrocs

what is the max size for pics on this site? I think avatar pics are 100x100 but i dont know about the size of attachment photos. thanks oops never mind its mentioned earlier in the thread, 500x500

ruaround

Originally Posted by bemrocs
what is the max size for pics on this site? I think avatar pics are 100x100 but i dont know about the size of attachment photos. thanks oops never mind its mentioned earlier in the thread, 500x500
500 x 500 is the max if you use SWF.com... you can use a photo hosting site (like photbucket) or an image URL to post larger images...

bemrocs

aww well, I just sized my pics to 500 and put them in photo bucket. thanks for the info for future reference!

matt01

Originally Posted by bemrocs
aww well, I just sized my pics to 500 and put them in photo bucket. thanks for the info for future reference!
how do u size ur photo down to 500x500

perfectdark

IMO The link above is the best if you dont want to purchase a photo editing prog. I use PhotoShop Elements 4.0 inredibly fast and easy resize and save for web all in 2 steps. If you are looking for software IMO thats the one to get.

luke01

Somebody please help. How can I download my pictures. I downsized to vga and still to many mega pixels. Minimum is 100x100. My camera does not take any less quality pictures.What do I have to do. Every time i try it tells me i have to use 100x100,

fish lady

Originally Posted by luke01
Somebody please help. How can I download my pictures. I downsized to vga and still to many mega pixels. Minimum is 100x100. My camera does not take any less quality pictures.What do I have to do. Every time i try it tells me i have to use 100x100,
You are the best because I was just going to type that same question. I have the same problem but mine says that they have to be smaller than 2.00 mb and mine on vga wich is also the lowest quality pic makes them 2.09 mb. Help! When you figure it out could you let me know. Thank You

nvmycj

Can anyone tell me how to change a powerpoint pic to fit the 500X500 pixel requirements of SWF.com? Thanks.

reefforbrains

Go to photobucket.com its free and simple. Host your photos there then you can post any size you like.
It even gives you the text to cut and paste into message boards. I, along with countless others on the boards use it. Very simple to use
Or if you want to load via SWF.com, then open the pic with some program such as paint, go to attributes and change the values to 500 x 500 and "save as" jpeg where you know where to find it

nvmycj

ReefForBrains,
I tried using Paint, under the attributes tab. I changed my photo to 500X500 and it cropped out 2/3rd's of the pic. I'll try that web sit you mentioned.

puffer32

I REALLY need some help with my camera!!! Going crazy trying to take closeups of my tanks that are clear. Its a Kodak easy share c743. Whether i put it on macro or auto, it focuses in and then focuses out before i snap the pic. No matter what setting i try, flash or no flash. If i take farther away pics of same thing, it doesn't blur, stays focused, its just the closeups that do this. Heres examples. 1st pic is far away,zoomed in on auto setting 2nd is a closeup, also auto,also zoomed in, macro shots turn out the same.