post your temperatures

dirk_brijs

heard so many different temperatures starting from 75 all the way up till even 95????
So post all of your temperatures and let us know what you had difficulties with growing or staying alive in that particular temp?
Did you ever change your temperature and was it beneficial or rather more negative in your experience?
We like to learn from all our mistakes and experiences.

btldreef

Originally Posted by dirk_brijs
http:///forum/post/3202773
heard so many different temperatures starting from 75 all the way up till even 95????
So post all of your temperatures and let us know what you had difficulties with growing or staying alive in that particular temp?
Did you ever change your temperature and was it beneficial or rather more negative in your experience?
We like to learn from all our mistakes and experiences.
I try to always keep my reef tanks at 79-80 without much fluctuation in the temperature. The more fluctuation, the more problems I have with corals.
I used to keep my tank at about 75-76 and could never keep SPS. When I first started in this hobby, I was told to keep the tank at 72-74 to keep disease down, LOL. I had a harder time keeping fish and my corals also didn't have as good color or polyp extension.
QT tank is kept at 82-84 when fish are in it. If I'm using it for corals or inverts (I QT everything), then I lower it back down to 80.

kpclown

Most natural reefs range in temps between 78-84 degrees F. I keep mine at 81 degrees with a 1/2 degree swing on the heat controller. If you keep it too high you may run into problems with low O2 in the water. You can easily tell by heavy respiration of the fish, or you can test for it but the kit is really pricey. If you keep it too low your fish are more prone to disease and sickness, they will probably have shorter life spans.

senormatt

I have mine at 77, for fun I raised it to 79 for several weeks and had a pretty big algae outbreak so i turned it back to 77. I have fish Only

aquaknight

The temperature you keep your tank at, should depend almost exclusively on the fish you keep. If all you keep are a percula clown and a yellow tang, there should be zero issues with tanks into the 80°'s. If you are keeping some of the rarer, more exotic fish that are found at deeper depths, you better have the tank temp adjusted according. But if you're willing to pay for some of these fish, you probably know that
My tanks (6 total ATM) range from 72-79°F.

wfd1008

depending on the tank, the room it's in, and season: now they run between 72-76, in the summer a bit warmer around 78-84.