Posts per day

oceana

Originally Posted by Tizzo
It's Bang Guy!!
Someone will write the complete history of their tank, all the inhabitants that they've ever kep, name all the people they know just to ask if frozen food is OK for their fish and he will respond...
yep.
He answers their question. It's the only one they ask usually. They do not ask for pros and cons, they simply ask if it's OK and they get their answer. I love those posts from him. Usually after the response, THEN the original poster has a ton of questions.

my post are just the opposite lol. i can end a tread in one post most times becasue no one want to read it all. i cant count that amount of times it tells me my post reached the max number of spaces

T

tizzo

I just wish more people would use the search feature.
For example... (OP=original poster, AP= another poster)
OP-What's this hitch-hiker?
AP-It's a bristleworm
OP-are they good or bad?
AP-good
OP-but the LFS said they are bad can you tell me why they are good...
You just wanna scream "because I said so!!"
As soon as they find out it's a bristleworm the search should be on, but instead they wanna milk you for all your info just to turn around and tell you they believe the LFS guy.

oceana

Originally Posted by Tizzo
I just wish more people would use the search feature.
For example... (OP=original poster, AP= another poster)
OP-What's this hitch-hiker?
AP-It's a bristleworm
OP-are they good or bad?
AP-good
OP-but the LFS said they are bad can you tell me why they are good...
You just wanna scream "because I said so!!"
As soon as they find out it's a bristleworm the search should be on, but instead they wanna milk you for all your info just to turn around and tell you they believe the LFS guy.

haha i hear ya. about 50 percent of the post that i dont know the answer all i did was type there question into google and research it for them and the post my findings after comparing respectable sources. some people just dont care to do the research. but then again this is a message forum so this is where many people start there research.
over time you gain so much usless info you end not needing to look things up. i have 100o's of pictures on our pc that i have no interest in but i keep them in case one day i read a post that deals with it and i know i will be able to help and show a picture lol

T

tizzo

Same here... Pics for reference. And I use google a lot too for others. I had a phase a while back where I woul answer questions with a link to a thread with the exact question. But I did it so often I think people thought I was being rude so I quit.
Now I am rude with my own words, LOL.. kidding...

ty_05_f

Yeah I havn't been on here since school started back up, and was kinda upset I had to take down my tank. So I just tried to stay away from the boards for a while and get the full college experience.

T

thomas712

When it comes to post count I think most of us know that doesn't mean squat. You all can have mine, I think I have enough to build a good size fence with them.
All one really has to do if they have a simple question is do a search, for instance. There should be a sticky that says before you post, take the key word that you want like Pods or amphipod, use the advanced search method, then put Bang Guy or Beth or NMreef into the posted by; side and you should automatically come up with tons of posts and just start reading. When it comes to bio balls just put my name in there and you should come up with hundreds of posts alone.

T

tizzo

Ty,
See that's WRONG!! You should share your full college experience with us!
Nobody CARES like we do.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Thomas712
All one really has to do if they have a simple question is do a search, for instance. There should be a sticky that says before you post, take the key word that you want like Pods or amphipod, use the advanced search method, then put Bang Guy or Beth or NMreef into the posted by; side and you should automatically come up with tons of posts and just start reading. When it comes to bio balls just put my name in there and you should come up with hundreds of posts alone.

I think everybody thinks their issue is specific to only their tank. Ick is a big one. Everybody who ever gets it thinks it's due to something they have in their tank that no other person has. I think 98% of the threads in the disease forum are on ick.

ty_05_f

When it comes to post count I think most of us know that doesn't mean squat.
Very True!
By the way how have you been doing Thomas?

T

thomas712

Originally Posted by Ty_05_f
Very True!
By the way how have you been doing Thomas?
Not bad, but there have been a few bumps in the road of life this year. Glad to see you hanging around.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by grumpygils
Some body with 15K + posts has to have knowledge even if by accident? On this site, I do wonder why moderators let irrelevant threads go on.....like politics....sports ect?
GG
That is what the Aquarium is for, grumpy, pointless talk. Its here with the hope to keep all the unrelated chit chat out of the fish tank forums.

pfitz44

What i think is funny too is if you pay attention to the topics of the posts.... they all seem to do with the same thing!!! i remmber a coupple weeks ago, the whole 1st new hobbiest bage was full of lighting questions!! i wanted to strangle someone!!! Or theres the infamous Shista type posters who dont listen to anything!!! or say something and your sitting at the computer, mouth wide open.. and like, " Wha wha wha wha.... WHAT?!?!?!?!"
btw-6.41 i need to do WORK when im at work... not surf this page.....

grumpygils

Originally Posted by Beth
That is what the Aquarium is for, grumpy, pointless talk. Its here with the hope to keep all the unrelated chit chat out of the fish tank forums.
Ahhh....makes sense now. Thanks! I generally call my boss for pointless talk.
Mc

pontius

When it comes to bio balls just put my name in there and you should come up with hundreds of posts alone.
haha, yeah, that's true. you do seem to have a fixation with bio-balls.

squidd

Post per day is kinda like a G.P.A...
If you don't do well your first year or two, It's hard to raise it later...

Now if we were to count average "words" per post :thinking: ...I'd be right up there...