Pricked By Urchin!!!! What Should I Do:???

alix2.0

are you in pain? swelling, redness, tenderness? nausea? lightheadedness? any known allergies?
probably arent in any "danger", probably just a little pain like a bee sting, but everyone is different.

timbodmb

LOL- Thanks for all the help guys- I kinda freaked... my heart was racing since I'm home alone... Everything is ok, my thumb has a black dot, bled alot, but no pain... kinda just like a thorn prick. Went deep though.

bang guy

If any of the tip broke off and in still under your skin you should go see a doc to dig it out. It will get infected if there is still material inside.

alix2.0

thats gonna suck for a few days, just from bumping it if nothing else. believe me i know how you feel. earlier today on the way home from school i was playing with this little piece of wire, well we hit a bump and i accidentally jammed it pretty deep into my index finger. pounds whenever i use it to type.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2625779
If any of the tip broke off and in still under your skin you should go see a doc to dig it out. It will get infected if there is still material inside.
x2 Definitely make sure nothing broke off. I had to dig a spine out of my big toe after snorkeling one time. Wasn't fun, used an exacto knife...

timbodmb

Well, I'm thinking there might be a bit still left in my finger... However luckily, it's not sore... as of now. I really made the thing bleed as best I could to help clean it out. Squeeze Squeeze Squeeze- Now it's a black dot.

I got pricked one time while diving at a local reef. The tip is still in my hand and stopped bothering me after 3 days. Every now and then it'll itch, but nothing too bad.