Product Review Forum

spanko

We also have disease forum, Hitchhikers and Id forum, lighting forum, a search feature. How many questions do we still get for those types of things?

gmann1139

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2924380
We also have disease forum, Hitchhikers and Id forum, lighting forum, a search feature. How many questions do we still get for those types of things?
True. And how many duplicate threads do you see? There's no 'hard rules' to the Internet, so everyone gets their own interpretation of what they should be, even morons and n00bs.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2924380
That is very true Henry. The point of this forum is similar to the tips and techniques forum. People would be able to rate equipment. The mods can merge threads together that are of the same product. If a question arises about a certain product then we can direct that person to look at the thread about it in the review section.

snakeblitz33

It's easier to direct someone to a thread that has a hundred opinions about one product, then when someone asks an opinion and you get a few and then that guy/gal buys a bad products because there wasn't enough research.
Merging reviews is great.
Does anyone want to help me write up some reviews on some products to see if people like the format and style? If it goes over well, we can move all of the review threads to the new forum - if the site owner wants to add the new forum.

gmann1139

I'm in for that, for the stuff i know.
It would also be nice to include links to manuals (if possible), and instructions on setup, maintenance, and possible mods, or links to threads that contain that info.
BTW: 1000th post

snakeblitz33

Originally Posted by gmann1139
http:///forum/post/2925963
I'm in for that, for the stuff i know.
It would also be nice to include links to manuals (if possible), and instructions on setup, maintenance, and possible mods, or links to threads that contain that info.
BTW: 1000th post

Agreed... manuals, as long as it doesn't link to competitors. Mods are a definate must, and if you can think of any links to previous threads on the subject - should all be included.
Basically what happens is that these threads combine a wealth of knowledge into one thread, to help out as many people possible.

snakeblitz33

So, anyone else going to join in the review writing? I want to have at least 10 maybe 15 up by next week... I've already done three, but I am going to post them at the same time.

gmann1139

Are we going to get the Forum?
Consensus seemed to be for it, but I haven't heard any confirmation from mods or Admin.

snakeblitz33

me neither. Gmann, pm me to let me know if you are going to do some product reviews, and I will tell you which ones I have done so far.

snakeblitz33

Gmann has been working with me on getting some reviews written. I was wondering - If this forum is declined, I wonder what for? Just curious. If it doesn't come to fruition, Why?

snakeblitz33

Alright, just for a small bump, Gmann and I have been writing up some reviews, and I will post them all later this week or the beginning of next week.
Thank you Gmann!

gmann1139

Hey mods -
We're getting closer to posting, and are wondering if another forum is going to be created, or whether we should just bomb an existing one (Lighting, Equipment, and DIY is the current pick).

snakeblitz33

I'm going to be typing out about 10 more reviews or so this week and add them to the Lighting Equipment and DIY section this Saturday.

culp

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2957563
I'm going to be typing out about 10 more reviews or so this week and add them to the Lighting Equipment and DIY section this Saturday.
I just saw two of your reviews and they look great.

snakeblitz33

Thanks guys, just got to keep at it. Recruits please!!!
I'm going to ask a few of the members on the boards to see if they can write about five reviews each. See if they can help out. Still on schedule with posting on Saturday.

darren0311

I dont know how other people feel on here but here is my take on it, I like the Idea, I have learned alot from the members on here and I trust them in what they have to say, sure you would get bad reviews and you would also get good ones but at that point it is up to you to make up your mind.
every company out there is going to tell you that "we make the best product"
BUT
We are the ones who test out the products and we would know best!!
I think a review section would be great!
Hey we only want whats best for our tanks,fish and Reefs Right!!!
anyone else agree with me on this ????

snakeblitz33

I agree with you darren, but apparently, it's not going to happen, just like a lot of things aren't going to happen around here.
I've joined another forum where classifieds are welcome, the mods rarely moderate and they even have a product review forum. I can't name any names though... Just a lot of old SWF.com members frequent the other forum :D
This post will probably be deleted, but I really don't care anymore...