Project 270

sully

Looks like your coming along great. That is really nice and your right that 300 lbs of rock it doesn't look like much but I'm sure when you stack it it will look differant. You said you used a Dart pump, how many GPH are you turning over ?

oceana

Originally Posted by ANTHONY17
what are the 4 white bags for that you have the pvc going into???
they are 20 micron filter socks. all water pases through them filtering out any crude in the water. you remove them turn them inside out and toss them in the washing machine. i clean mine once a week. they help to give perfect crystal clear water.

oceana

Originally Posted by sully
Looks like your coming along great. That is really nice and your right that 300 lbs of rock it doesn't look like much but I'm sure when you stack it it will look differant. You said you used a Dart pump, how many GPH are you turning over ?
the dart is pushing around 3200 gallons per hour through the over flows. that is just through the over flows and the sump. then i will run the other dart pump at around 2500GPH through the closed loop

oceana

well after a very long time i at last got all the rocks and coral into the system. here is a pick pf the tank and over this weekend i will post some final pics of the stand.