Project 300 is underway!!!

robchuck

Originally Posted by WangoTango
sorry about loosing such a nice reef, but congrats on the baby. that tank would be awsome for a heavily planted angel and discus display
which IMO are the most beautiful freshwater fish.
I agree! And I'll be sure to get some pics posted here after the tank is up and running.

robchuck

It's been awhile since I've visited swf.com, but I just wanted to drop to say hello
and post a pic of the tank since the conversion to a FW planted tank (it's still a work in progress):

And so that this post isn't considered totally off-topic for this forum, here is a current look at my 65g reef, which was downsized out of the 300g reef:

reefer75

That FW tank turned out awsome. Do you miss the big reef? After seeing your set-up I just may change the plans on my 200 gal that I am setting up. Nah just kidding.

Good luck with the tanks and being a dad. I am a dad of 3. It's a lot of work, and patience! Well worth every bit of it though!

aw2x3

I knew there was a reason I didnt like you, anymore, Rob....you cant ever do anything that doesnt turn out beautiful. lol!
Great tank, man. I was disapointed when you tore down the reef, but after seeing it now, I'm not mad at ya anymore.

robchuck

Originally Posted by reefer75
That FW tank turned out awsome. Do you miss the big reef? After seeing your set-up I just may change the plans on my 200 gal that I am setting up. Nah just kidding.

Good luck with the tanks and being a dad. I am a dad of 3. It's a lot of work, and patience! Well worth every bit of it though!
I don't miss the reef at all...having the 65g GLASS reef back up and running, and sumpless, is about the perfect reef system for me!
Best of luck with the 200g setup and thanks for the kind words! The baby is due just about any time now and maintaining the tanks is the one thing that's keeping me from being a 24/7 Nervous-Nelly right now!

robchuck

Originally Posted by AW2x3
I knew there was a reason I didnt like you, anymore, Rob....you cant ever do anything that doesnt turn out beautiful. lol!
Great tank, man. I was disapointed when you tore down the reef, but after seeing it now, I'm not mad at ya anymore.
:hilarious
Feel free to drop me a line and come by and see the tank next time you're in the area.