Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

acrylic51

My wife never really asks the cost off anything other than are the bills paid, and she's a hound on that stuff, and it keeps me out of trouble.....She always knows where to find me as well.

teviesfish

oh my goodness... BIG MASSIVE project... but i can not wait to see the ending!!! Truly a great idea... and so far the picutres look outstanding!!! Congrats and keep the pics coming we will be checking alot

ginarox

yes please keep us posted,,,that is going to be so awesome...i am very excited for you....i cant waite to see it now when its done...have a great day....

fish911

ur my inspiration
when i buy a house ( im only 19 lol!!> but am in the process of getting a

[hr]
!)
im going to have to do a huge fish room
i owe it to myself

devaji108

Originally Posted by acrylic51
First pic I took was of my MRC 4R recirc skimmer....Still finishing touches need to be done in the filter room and sorry for the bad pic.....
I have been looking at that skimmer for my 240 w/ 55 sump too.

how much was it?
Deva

acrylic51

I've used this skimmer several times and to be honest it took me over 8 months of research before I started putting them on my customers systems.....Like I mentioned earlier people give these skimmers a bad rap about being power hungry and they haven't done the homework and probably seen them in action....These things can be pushed on as small as a MagDrive pump, which isn't even pressure rated and they can run dual becketts at that.......I haven't seen a needlewheel skimmer other than a Deltec in person produce a head of foam like this thing will........

acrylic51

I've used this skimmer several times and to be honest it took me over 8 months of research before I started putting them on my customers systems.....Like I mentioned earlier people give these skimmers a bad rap about being power hungry and they haven't done the homework and probably seen them in action....These things can be pushed on as small as a MagDrive pump, which isn't even pressure rated and they can run dual becketts at that.......I haven't seen a needlewheel skimmer other than a Deltec in person produce a head of foam like this thing will........
Devaj108: The skimmer might seem alittle expensive, but it'll set you back roughly $785.00. That doesn't include the pump I chose to drive the skimmer....It'll be driven with the BlueLine 70HD which my price was $209.00....

squishy

okay here is my one stupid question for the day. Just want to know if I made a bad purchase. Aquamedic shorty 5000 how does it compare to that skimmer.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by Squishy
okay here is my one stupid question for the day. Just want to know if I made a bad purchase. Aquamedic shorty 5000 how does it compare to that skimmer.

I can't say you have made a bad decision.....I've never used one personally and haven't seen that model run.......I can only speak on what I've seen, run, and installed and maintain on a regular basis.........On something that size and what your planning; you obviously didn't skimp on tank and such, and don't know the cost, but have followed and studied the skimmer thread and "show down at noon" over on ReefCentral, and with something that size I would have certainly looked at a EuroReef, ASM, Deltec, and MRC and Barrs.......I would post and see if anyone has any personal experience and see what their input is.....I just don't think it's going to give you the skimming "juice" as I call it....You'll probably be looking for a replacement since you've said your planning SPS.......

acrylic51

Does your LFS run or sell them? I'd ask if you could bring it in and run it on their rock curing vat or something and see how it pulls.....Plus it'll break it in and it'll be ready to rock when your ready to fire the system......

squishy

the lfs runs them and totally belives in them, the pump they come with is huge. I will be bugging him soon and will mention about running mine on his rock tank as he is getting a bunch in soon.

acrylic51

Should I finish the floor off with tile or should I finish the floor off with wood flooring to match the stand? :thinking: