Purple Monti question

j-cal

I have, or should i say had, a nice dark deep purple monti cap. I have had it about 3 months midway up in a 125g with 2x175 watt 10k halide and 4x96 watt pc lighting. All the while it has been growing (and growing fairly rapidly at that), but it has gradually turned lavender as opposed to the dark color it once was. I still has decent polyp extension for a monti, and i have several other acros and monti and assorted other sps growing awesome and staying their color. I moved the monti to get less blasted by the halide since it was practically right under it. My question is how i can i tell a normal color change due to more intense lighting as opposed to bleaching? Will bleaching corals still grow significantly?

meowzer

IDK the answer, but it might help if you post a picture...there are a lot of people who can probably tell you if they can see it....Also it would help if you had a before and after pic

j-cal

Ok. The first picture does have a slight algae problem which was promptly put under control, and has not been an issue for months. I took the first pic RIGHT after i got it so polyps weren't out, and then took the new one just now after i moved it. For scale the new growth on the lip is about 1 cm. Looking at my records of pictures, I was off by a bit, ive only had it about 6 weeks heh