Purple Sea Slugs Won't "Stick"

rlablan

I have two purple sea slugs that I got today.
They have been drip acclimated.
They will not "stick" to anything. I am afraid they will get sucked into a power head or something.
Should I just treat them like a nem and shut the heads off until they decide to grab onto rocks or the glass?
Thanks

rlablan

Well, I'm not concerned. lol
My bristle star got a hold of one of them, it's been eaten. That's the only think I've ever seen it eat. Weird.
The other one has disappeared. So- problem solved?
Thanks anyway. :)

paul anonymous

haha thats so funny. I recently went through some what of the same thing too. I end up finding the sea slug in my hangout filter eating and still surviving with only his head attached. lol waste of money but kinda funny how it only had its mouth left. poor thing. RIP

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlablan http:///t/394123/purple-sea-slugs-wont-stick#post_3507710
Well, I'm not concerned. lol
My bristle star got a hold of one of them, it's been eaten. That's the only think I've ever seen it eat. Weird.
The other one has disappeared. So- problem solved?
Thanks anyway. :)
The brittle star ate it, and it wasn't "sticking" because it was dead or dying.

rlablan

paul- I have never seen the other one. It's Kinda weird. I have VERY skinny overflow teeth, I feel it would be near impossible for one to get into my overflow box or sump... but hey- never say never in this hobby.
Flower- I figured as much. It was weird when it came out of the bag. It didn't want to stick to anything. I bought 3. 2 for me and one as a gift for my mother. He tank is very mature and quite large. Her's died before mine did. Oh well, I tried. I feel like they would have died anywhere. Clearly, these are critters we as hobbiest should shy away from. Must be why I never see them online or in the LFSs.