Putting Faces to the Names

scsinet

No, I can't imagine that would have anything to do with it.
By the way, streb... why don't you post a pic? I don't know why but for some reason I always thought you'd look like Homer Simpson.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by SCSInet
No, I can't imagine that would have anything to do with it.
By the way, streb... why don't you post a pic? I don't know why but for some reason I always thought you'd look like Homer Simpson.
lol, I've always imagined you with alot of teeth. Isn't your avitar from jaws?
By the way, this is me at graduation.

stdreb27

Here is me and my brother in florida for spring break. A loong time ago.
And here is my playing soft ball at like 3 in the morning.

scsinet

Yeah, it's Robert Shaw who played Quint in Jaws.
I always thought the joke appropriate given this being a saltwater board, but it seems that a lot of people don't get it. Just a bit subtle... I never talk about it, I just wait to see who will comment.
Only a couple people have ever come right out and told me something that indicates that they got it. I guess many folks do get it but just don't say anything...

alix2.0

I always thought the joke appropriate given this being a saltwater board, but it seems that a lot of people don't get it. Just a bit subtle... I never talk about it, I just wait to see who will comment.
Only a couple people have ever come right out and told me something that indicates that they got it. I guess many folks do get it but just don't say anything...

hah. i just always assumed that was you, and your name was Quint.

scsinet

hah. i just always assumed that was you, and your name was Quint.
Dude... wait... see.. I did it again... dang. What's the female equivalent... "baby" might get me in trouble... umm... I got it...
My dear...... it'll be another 30 years before I'm as old as that guy was WHEN THE FILM WAS MADE... IN THE 70'S!!!
Obviously you need to watch Jaws. You should, it's an excellent movie. I was just an infant when it came out, but I watched it as a kid... still like it.
The 1970s only turned out a few good movies... Jaws, The Towering Inferno, The China Syndrome, and of course a number of good Bond flicks... so you should bone up on the decade. It'll only take a Saturday!
Oh... and coincidentally, Robert Shaw was in a Bond flick... From Russia with Love... but that was the sixties.

groupergenius

Dude... wait... see.. I did it again... dang. What's the female equivalent... "baby" might get me in trouble... umm... I got it...
My dear...... it'll be another 30 years before I'm as old as that guy was WHEN THE FILM WAS MADE... IN THE 70'S!!!
Obviously you need to watch Jaws. You should, it's an excellent movie. I was just an infant when it came out, but I watched it as a kid... still like it.
The 1970s only turned out a few good movies... Jaws, The Towering Inferno, The China Syndrome, and of course a number of good Bond flicks... so you should bone up on the decade. It'll only take a Saturday!
Oh... and coincidentally, Robert Shaw was in a Bond flick... From Russia with Love... but that was the sixties.

Young un's. I was trying to make infants when that movie came out.

I think we need a bigger boat.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius

i wasnt even a thought when that movie came out. lol

reefkprz

I never realized anyone wouldnt get it......... you mean there are people out there who havent watched JAWS????? I remember back as a preteen watching jaws in a swimming pool with all the lights out, thats a fun expirience. I cant believe there is anyone out there that hasnt.

stdreb27

I do love that movie, jaws, I'm not a big fan of the bond flick, I more like the bruce lee movies of that time. And well, there is shaft, (not great but hey) And the spaghetti westerns like good bad and the ugly those are works of brilliance.
And as you can see, I wasn't a thought when that movie came out.
Here is some movie trivia, I was born the last year of MASH

t316

Alix & SCSInet, I like both of your avitars, but SCS said it, you just read so many post, and look at the avitars going along with them, you quickly draw an image (good or bad) of each person. I knew Alix was a female, pic just threw me off, in a good way. SCSInet, I totally missed the Jaws connection. I know who he is...seen the movie a thousand times, but didn't get it until you mentioned it.

Demartini since ur in the bay area are u the owner of Demartini's market, i go there all the time and i assumed cause of ur name i even shouted saltwater once....

demartini

Originally Posted by fishymaster776
Demartini since ur in the bay area are u the owner of Demartini's market, i go there all the time and i assumed cause of ur name i even shouted saltwater once....
lol that place is in san carlos right? nope I'm not the owner...DeMartini is a pretty common name. People ask me almost everyday if I own a grocery store, painting company or the vans restaurant haha
you must have looked funny when you shouted saltwater hehe

m0nk

Haha, my favorite line in that whole movie...

scsinet

As Al Czhervick (aka Rodney Dangerfield) would have said, you musta been something before electricity.

One of many good lines he had. He's just such an arrogant SOB... you just love to hate him. IMO he's the most colorful character in the whole movie, though I do think the movie was one of Dreyfus's strongest roles (along with Roy/Close Encounters and Glenn/Holland's Opus). Quint just pissed everyone off that he ran into... the kid playing in the music store (BA BA BA BA BA!!!) and the constant babbling off off color humor... which led to my favorite in the whole move...
"Here lies the body of Mary Lee! Died at the age of one hundred and three! For fifteen years she kept her virginity! Not a bad record for this vicinity!"
The look on Brody's wife's face when she heard that... worth a million bucks.

perfectdark

For sure one of my favorite movies... for the record I got it.. LOL. Very cool.
There are a few great lines in that movie, that I still laugh when I hear them.
When Hooper and the Chief are on the boat at night... Chief: "it doesnt make sense, they pay a guy like you to watch sharks." Hooper: "Well uh, It doesnt make much sense for a guy who hates the water to live on an island either." Chief: "Its only an island if you look at it from the water." Hooper: "That makes a lot of sense......"
LOL cracks me up all the time.

m0nk

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
For sure one of my favorite movies... for the record I got it.. LOL. Very cool.
There are a few great lines in that movie, that I still laugh when I hear them.
When Hooper and the Chief are on the boat at night... Chief: "it doesnt make sense, they pay a guy like you to watch sharks." Hooper: "Well uh, It doesnt make much sense for a guy who hates the water to live on an island either." Chief: "Its only an island if you look at it from the water." Hooper: "That makes a lot of sense......"
LOL cracks me up all the time.
Hahaha, forgot about that part too, wow, I really need to get that movie out and watch it again.