QN5 20 Long Reef

Q

qn5

My 20 Long has been around for almost 2 years now.
My setup:
Lights- 195wtts of PC and 48 wtts of T5 HO
Skimmer - Coralife Super Skimmer 220
Current - 3 power heads and 2 AC filters
I do 5% water change every week.

yerboy

awesome looking tank. I just recently set up a 20 gal long its still cycling right now but lookout for pics of it here on the nano forums soon.
thats a killer clam btw i love it :D

Q

qn5

thanks, I wanted to show people that it is possible to keep sps and clams under PC and T5 combo.

triga22

I would go with a goby. I just came back and noticed that the tank is the best 20l Ive ever seen. Its gorgeous. Well done

greenreefer

Your tank looks great. What is the coral on the far left, branching torch?
Your frogspawn and hammer are so close to each other and other corals. How do you keep them from stinging each other and the surrounding corals? I'd love to be able to place mine close to each other, but I thought they kill what they could touch.

Q

qn5

one on the far left is red/brown frogspawn. I will post the pic later.
Hammer and frogspawn don't sting each other. Thanks for the reply

greenreefer

Is this true across the board or did you get lucky? Are all LPS okay next to each other? Am I just supposed to avoid LPS being able to touch SPS or Softies? I have frogspawn and a hammer and had placed them about 4 or 5 inches away from each other and I got comments about moving them before they'd sting each other. Any tips or externals links would be appreciated if they deal with what is safe to place within reach of other corals. I'd love to be able to add a torch or an elegant, but I've been afraid of the sweepers.

Q

qn5

I read some where on this board that frogspawn and hammer are ok to touch each other....but, torch can't touch hammer or frogspawn. Also, I would keep other LPS away from each other. I think you can find some useful thread by searching "LPS placement"
Red/Brown Frogspawn

Leather

meleerock

Amazing tank. I have always loved the look of a 20, looks even better with all of that awesome color and beautiful corals. Very well rounded selection.

Q

qn5

I am thinking about adding ATO soon. Anyone familiar with JBJ ATO?

P

polyps

all you really need is a plastic water bottle, fill it with fresh water put the open end of the bottle quickly just under the surface and presto when ever the water level gets below the mouth of the water bottle instant top off off course this is only if you don't mind looking at it