QN5 20 Long Reef

Q

qn5

This is what I did to stop the micro bubble problem with my CCS220.

My initial setup had some problems with the water output. It got clogged so I decided to drill some holes on the side to fix that problem. Also, I went with a bigger sponge this time. It is more effective.

Q

qn5

Check this red and green monti combo out. Anyone tried this before?

yerboy

Originally Posted by QN5
This is what I did to stop the micro bubble problem with my CCS220.

My initial setup had some problems with the water output. It got clogged so I decided to drill some holes on the side to fix that problem. Also, I went with a bigger sponge this time. It is more effective.

keep that sponge clean very very clean or it will back up often and cause problems. I had a skimmer like that and once it backed up while i was at work and when i can home it had dumped about 20gal of water on my carpet.

Q

qn5

Thanks for your advice. I will make sure to keep that sponge clean. I hope the holes on the side will help.

Q

qn5

finally installed a JBJ ATO system. I will post some pics later. It work great!!
Never have to worry about the SG getting too high.

yerboy

Originally Posted by QN5
finally installed a JBJ ATO system. I will post some pics later. It work great!!
Never have to worry about the SG getting too high.
what pump did you decide to go with?

Q

qn5

I am using aquatic gardens 601 for a return pump temporary. I will upgrade soon though.

Q

qn5

I am thinking about replacing my CCS220 soon I was thinking about Octopus HOB skimmer. Maybe BH-100F or HB-100SS. What's the difference? Anyone here has an experience with them?