QN5 20 Long Reef

Q

qn5

I used to do the bottle method but i don't have the room for it any more...
I will post some top-down pics tonight. I need to mod my css so i have to turn everything off.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by QN5
more growth shots..

and..

WOW!!!! You have Outstanding growth on your corals!!!! When did you take the first pic and the second pic? How long ago was it?

Q

qn5

i took the first pic 6-7months ago and second pic tonight.
more pic...

yerboy

Originally Posted by QN5
I am thinking about adding ATO soon. Anyone familiar with JBJ ATO?
i use the jbj ato on my 265 and it works great. i use a little rio-90 pump and a 5gal bucket and i refill it everyday so im about to clean out an old 20gal rubbermade thing to use and buy a 2nd jbj ato for my 20long.

nietzsche

this is an awesome tank. i love the maxima. ive heard to go with tunze osmolator. heard from the -- forum that sometimes the jbj goes bad-- so theres good and bad reviews about the jbj ato but good reviews about the tunze.

Q

qn5

I am having microbubble problems with my coralife super skimmer these days. I don't use the bubble trap BC it's too big. Do i have to have the water output pipe out of the water or in the water? Please post some photos of your CSS. Please!!

S

saltyshogun

GREAT tank!!! Hopefully my Orange Monti gets half that size in the months to come. I'll be physched.

Q

qn5

thanks for all the kind comments.
Tonight, I'm going to fix the micro-bubble problem. I will post the pic if it works.

dreamer44

Originally Posted by QN5
hammer and frogspawn. They grow so fast....

Zoos

do you plan on fragging the hammer, frogspawn, or zoo's?? if so, you have a buyer!
gorgous tank!!

Lori

Q

qn5

I tried to frag them before but they are not really branching so I couldn't find a perfect place to snip. Anyhow, I finally solved the micro bubbles issue. It was pretty simple.
I went out and bought this.. and cut it.

And it looks like this..