QT

flower

I got a refractometer a few weeks ago and I have a 200gph and 800gph powerhead in the QT
Great... It's always best to check on such things. Now about the power heads... that's quite a bit of water flow for a small 20g tank isn't it?

jay0705

Hows he doing w it? Fish will tell you what they like and don't. Mine will swim rt into the flow of my head

jay0705

Excellent, keep your 1.009 steady and he'll be fine. Test the water too tho, dont wana ammonia to creep up

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Fish metabolism alters under hyposalinity so you will see increased appetite. Since you are using a small QT, you need to watch water quality, but you should plan to feed 2 x a day and vacuum up anything that ends up on the tank bottom. Feed in small quantities several times, or slowly so that the fed goes in the fish and not to waste.

mauler

Fish metabolism alters under hyposalinity so you will see increased appetite. Since you are using a small QT, you need to watch water quality, but you should plan to feed 2 x a day and vacuum up anything that ends up on the tank bottom. Feed in small quantities several times, or slowly so that the fed goes in the fish and not to waste.
I already feed them all 3x a day and I guess that explains why hesbeating so much now.

mauler

It's been up for about 3 weeks I ran the filter on my DT for a week and used about 15lbs of rock from DT to start the cycle I also used my DT water to fill it.