Quarantine Tank Size

snakeblitz33

Like Al said, rack em' up. You can rack up two 40g tanks easily and have plenty of room to view everything. I've put three 55g tanks racked up to the ceiling. I think you can fairly easily rack up four 20g longs...
What I would do in your position is buy three 55g tanks and rack em' to the ceiling. One would be for fish, the next for corals, and the next for saltwater mixing / water changes on the bottom. save a little room doing it that way. rack em' up
put the fish only tank at the top and put some cheap shop light on top of it, in the middle tank you can install some cheap retrofit t5s for your corals and then at the bottom use an external pump to mix your saltwater and pump it directly to your display tank for water changes.
I'de also make one of those closed loops of yours able to attach a vinyl hose or a python hose to it or something so that you can pump water out of your tank for water changes. That's how I did it on my 240 - and it saved my back.

acrylic51

Good ideas......Trust me Seth, there won't be any water carrying on my part.....I've been done with that aspect of the hobby years ago.......I already have my water mixing stationed somewhat setup.....Back awhile ago I purchase a poly tank, and have that located in the laundry room adjacent to the fish room. During construction of the walls of the fish room, I had planned on such a setup and ran the PVC through the wall, where I can attach quick connect fittings for water changes......

acrylic51

No decisions yet.....Just sent Gemmy a PM waiting to hear from her.....I'm honestly not into stacking tanks.....The area that I want to use has my reef posters on the wall, but I'm not opposed to breaking down the stand I started in the fish room and reworking it to accomodate a different setup. The area I'd like to use on the same side as the overflow, and the area gets tight. It's more the ideal place for the rack system due to the plumbing line entering the room at that spot, but it gets tight in that area with the overflow as well. Would leave barely any room to walk back and toy with the overflow if needed.