question about damsels

salt0727

We have 2 damsels in our tank and recently we saw a huge 3 stripe damsel at our local lfs shop. We are wondering how long it takes for a damsel to fully grow.

slice

Originally Posted by salt0727
http:///forum/post/3289316
We have 2 damsels in our tank and recently we saw a huge 3 stripe damsel at our local lfs shop. We are wondering how long it takes for a damsel to fully grow
"Fully Grow", as in "on your last nerve" when wanting other fish in you tank? For me, about 2 weeks...

sorry....are you wanting a damnsel only tank? I started with a 3 stripe and 2 yellowtails. I finally trapped and returned the last of them this past weekend. Tank is much better because of it, and my other fish don't miss them a bit...

btldreef

Don't buy the damsel and get rid of the two you already have or you'll never be able to keep a peaceful tank.

jtt

Hey friend, welcome to the boards!
I know damsels are pretty, come in a variety of colors and sizes, and also go for about 3-4 bucks each, but if you make the purchase, you will regret it within 3 weeks. They are demons.

salt0727

thanks for the info everybody. Yes i have discovered that they can be mean, we just returned one of them to the store. We were not thinking about buying the damsel at the store. We were just wondering how long it usually takes them to get to their full length just because we are curious.