Question about Sebae Anemone

mindy2577

About a week ago we purchased a sebae anemone. He is doing great..nice and full. We tried feeding him on day 4 but he didn't want it. Problem is..he won't foot. And he spends most of the time upside down. He stays only on the sand.
Our waters parameters are:
PH 8.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Salinity 0.021
Temp 80 (was at 83 but LFS said to bring it down slowly to 78-79)
Lighting: Glo Power-Glo 24w T5HO and Glo Lite-Glo T5HO
44 Hex Tank
So what is wrong with him? Do we need more light?

ahren

ive had my sebae for about 6-7 mts now & he has never attached to a rock he's always in the sand. mine only turns upside down when my clown is too ruff on him. your anemone does look pretty bleached i think it should have a brown tint to it.

small triggers

is your sg 1.021 or 0.021??? that would be WAY LOW???? im hoping its a typo,, and there are white sebae anemones, so the coloration was fine,,, and yes you need more light than 24watts??? like 3-4 times that are you sure they are t5 high outputs??

mindy2577

Originally Posted by small triggers
http:///forum/post/2965490
is your sg 1.021 or 0.021??? that would be WAY LOW???? im hoping its a typo,, and there are white sebae anemones, so the coloration was fine,,, and yes you need more light than 24watts??? like 3-4 times that are you sure they are t5 high outputs??
Im sorry...it is 1.021.
And we have two 24 w. That was also a typo. It should read:
Lighting: Glo Power-Glo 24w T5HO and Glo Lite-Glo 24w T5HO
I was gonna say the picture of the sebae on here looks white also. I would say mine upclose looks like it.
He puffed up again. So that gives me a little relief. But my biggest concern is him always on the sand. Is it true they will sometime stay on the sand? And why is he ALWAYS upside down. Everynow and then he will flip over..but mostly foot up.

lil.guppy

I HATE THOSE! I got one not too long ago and he did the same thing so I took him back! Looked just like yours too
Hopefully you have better luck then I did

gatorzone19

It is white because it is bleached from not enough lighting and stress from shipping. I have 216 watts over my 55g and Ive been told thats not enough so I would get more lighting before trying an anemone again.

wildjosh

From what I hear and have read the condition of his mouth is how you can tell if he is dying. its hard to tell when he is upside down but if his mouth starts looking like its closing in on itself or throwing up itself you will want to remove him before he fouls up your tank. But like I said thats only from what I have read and heard. Posters on here may have a better idea.

mindy2577

Here he is now. His mouth is pretty big. About the size of a nickle. I tried feeding him some mysis shrimp and he didn't eat any of it. Im trying to be patient but its so frustrating!

meowzer

Best to just leave it alone....we really have no control over these things...I have lost quite a few anemones so I know the frustration..yours is still alive, but has issues
have you started raising your salinity? Also you really do need more light. Don't try to feed it right now if it is not doing good...