quick update on my 280

ricks280

just a few pics of my 280 up and running [ not the best pictures, camera settings need to be changed] :happy:

ricks280

thanks nemo, it has been a bit of a rush but ............ getting there, ill be picking some live rock tomorrow approx= 40kgs just to start things moving also get the third mh operating and see what happens. water is at the right temp so im keeping my fingers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx! :) (thanks again rick)

R

red79

Good luck. Looks really great. Hope everything u put in there lives long healthy lives.

dogstar

ricks, that looks like its going to be one sweet system.
Looks like you did your homework with the setup.
I dont see any fans or chiller so I hope you can control the tempeture OK.
Is that going to be a refugium on the right side?

ricks280

hi dogstar, the tank on the right its the r. o. reservoir with auto top up float
the fans ive got ,but havent had time to fit them yet, the only fans ive installed are the onces above to remove moisture and heat.
going today to check some flurocent lights and get some rock. :thinking:many thanks for your replies. (rick) :happy:

E

exile415

Wow , What a monster !!

Well , Gotta move some water out for the LR right ..
280Gallons wow, i can't imagine filling that thing up..
Well , Good luck RiiiCK :joy:

ricks280

thanks exile, filling the tank only took about 9 minutes with a portable fire pump! :hilarious . i just added 40 kgs of life rock ill post som pics later, the rest of the rock arrives on sunday from the barrier reef :happy: (rick)

chypriss

Those pictures make me very sad, only because i want a tank that big, one day though i will have one. So which arm and which leg did you give up to have such an amazing tank?!?!

bill f

Progressing Beautifully Ricks!!
Keep the photo's coming
I like the idea of LR in the corners. I may do the same and creat alot of open space in the middle. Is that a single center overflow or two.

petjunkie

I only wish I could afford a tank half that size. You'll have fun picking fish that most people could only dream of having. Good Luck!!

nemo lover

I really like your canopy it looks me like thiers alot of room for the lights to breath. Have you decided what you want to keep?

ricks280

HI NEMO, TANGS AND SOFT CORALS TO START WITH, IM WAITING FOR IT TO CYCLE , THE FIRST BATCH OF LR WAS CURED BUT THE SECOND WAS NOT SO IT JUST KICKED IN NOW AMMONIA JUST JUMPED FROM 0 MG/L TO 0,5 MGL AND NOW ITS AT 1 MG/L. I GUESS ITS THE WAITING GAME NOW!
:thinking: . (RICK)